X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jockegson
    • May 2008

No sound - SB Duet + imac + airport express

Hi guys,
    I have just setup my SB Duet and everything has gone smooth, except it isn't playing any sound. I am able to browse through my music collection on the computer and the internet radio stations. But when I choose to play any of them, no sound is comming out.

The webprogram, remote and receiver all indicate that a song is playing (the receiver has a bright white light) but nothing comes through the analogue outputs. These are by the way connected to a Marantz PM7001 amp. which works with other inputs such as a dvd or an ipod. I have also tried connecting the SB to the dvd-player and listen via the TV, but nothing comes out there as well. The volume is on max on the remote.

I have also tried with the mac shutdown and only listening on internet radio, but although it says it is playing - I get no sound.

Another thing I tried was to reboot the mac as a pc, but that didn't change anything.

Can it be something with the airport express? Or can in fact the SB be broken?

Thanks for any help
    Joakim
  • Mark Lanctot
    • Oct 2005

Try a factory reset - press and hold the button on the receiver until it flashes red.

Call support.
    Boom (PQP3 - late beta, PQP1 - early beta), Squeezebox Radio (PB1 - early beta)

Comment

Working...