PDA

View Full Version : SQueeze controller update failed for first time

pbol
2008-05-17, 08:54
Hi,

When I first upgraded to 7.01 the squeeze controller started to signal when updates were available. It did so two times and downloadning worked prefectly. Now today I tried to "force" an update manually by selectin software update in the menu. To my surprise the display says that there is an update available, and I select "begin update". After a whiel I get the message "There was a problem upgrading this remote, please try again or contact support".

What does that mean?

1: Why did the remote tell me that the upgrade was available?
2: Is there really an update or is the remote just assuming that there is one, and when there is nonoe it fails?

/peter

Mark Lanctot
2008-05-28, 07:17
1: Why did the remote tell me that the upgrade was available?

Because you asked it to update through Advanced - Update. If it doesn't prompt you to update on startup, an update is not really available.

2: Is there really an update or is the remote just assuming that there is one, and when there is nonoe it fails?

There was no update - if it had worked, it would have shown the same firmware as it did before. It shouldn't have failed like that, but you should still be OK because there was no new firmware anyway.