PDA

View Full Version : Strange artwork behaviour 7.01

Daren
2008-05-17, 05:41
When I first scanned my folder (containing one shortcut to a location) , all the artwork appeared correctly. I have set up the folder just to contain shortcuts as I have several locations.

I then added another shortcut and rescanned. The new files added do not show the artwork in the album list or under artist>>album. However, when a track is selected the artwork appears (also on the now playing). This behaviour happens on squeezecenter and the remote.

Any ideas?

JJZolx
2008-05-17, 08:09
When I first scanned my folder (containing one shortcut to a location) , all the artwork appeared correctly. I have set up the folder just to contain shortcuts as I have several locations.

I then added another shortcut and rescanned. The new files added do not show the artwork in the album list or under artist>>album. However, when a track is selected the artwork appears (also on the now playing). This behaviour happens on squeezecenter and the remote.

Any ideas?

Try running a full "Clear library" rescan. I have issues occasionally with the "New and changed" rescan not finding artwork for some or all newly added albums. The full rescan always works.

jhonsberger@msn.com
2008-05-19, 07:14
I have had exactly the same problem.There are 3 new cd's I ripped

into Itunes and artwork will not show until I play the first track

All artwork is embedded in each track but when I do a search for the

album the artwork is blank when viewing it without playing it.

I did a clear and complete rescan but this did not help.I will

try a clear and complete rescan again today.

Any thoughts?This may be a bug is my thinking.

Daren
2008-05-19, 09:46
My folder being watched contained just shortcuts to different drives. I removed them and did and 'clear & rescan'. I then got into a spot of bother where the scanner went into an endless loop. I then uninstalled SC and reinstalled. The server would then not start! Event viewer indicated that there was a problem with SQL. I then uninstalled and installed 7.1. No joy. I then uninstalled and reinstalled 7.01 and miraculously the server started. I then did a 'clear and rescan', which cleared my library. I then reintroduced the shortcuts to my folder which SC automatically scanned and hey presto all my artwork appeared!

However, I am not confident that future albums added will include the thumbnails.

Phil Leigh
2008-05-19, 11:28
My folder being watched contained just shortcuts to different drives. I removed them and did and 'clear & rescan'. I then got into a spot of bother where the scanner went into an endless loop. I then uninstalled SC and reinstalled. The server would then not start! Event viewer indicated that there was a problem with SQL. I then uninstalled and installed 7.1. No joy. I then uninstalled and reinstalled 7.01 and miraculously the server started. I then did a 'clear and rescan', which cleared my library. I then reintroduced the shortcuts to my folder which SC automatically scanned and hey presto all my artwork appeared!

However, I am not confident that future albums added will include the thumbnails.

I've only ever been able to add new artwork through a clear/rescan, not through an incremental "new music" scan.