PDA

View Full Version : Controller - problem with routers

James_B
2008-05-17, 04:54
Is there a published list of 'problem routers' for the Controller? I have a Belkin F5d7633-4 (Wireless G) router and my Controller drops all the time going red or blue on the display.

Its driving me crazy but I don't feel inclined to replace an otherwise great router just because the Controller has compatibility issues. Does anyone have a work around?

My SB3s continue to work flawlessly..

pbol
2008-05-17, 08:48
Is there a published list of 'problem routers' for the Controller? I have a Belkin F5d7633-4 (Wireless G) router and my Controller drops all the time going red or blue on the display.

Its driving me crazy but I don't feel inclined to replace an otherwise great router just because the Controller has compatibility issues. Does anyone have a work around?

My SB3s continue to work flawlessly..

I too have a Belkin router (G). But is the router really a problem, isnīt squeeze controller conenct ad hoc directly to the server?

James_B
2008-05-17, 10:13
Can anyone tell me what the red and the blue wireless icons mean?

bonze
2008-05-17, 10:22
Can anyone tell me what the red and the blue wireless icons mean?From the user manual:

'A red icon indicates the network is out of range or disconnected.
A blue icon indicates your Squeezebox Controller is connected to the network, but cannot find its music source'

James_B
2008-05-17, 11:27
Thanks, my controller goes to blue/red then jams on a very regular basis.
Everyday, multiple times, and needs rebooting to work. Meanwhile my SB3s go on playing throughout.

What is going on?

pbol
2008-05-18, 07:37
Thanks, my controller goes to blue/red then jams on a very regular basis.
Everyday, multiple times, and needs rebooting to work. Meanwhile my SB3s go on playing throughout.

What is going on?

I have exactly the same problem. Squeezebox receiver never loses contact. Infact it seems to be extremely stable. The controller does all the time being 3 meters from the router and 6 meters from the squeeze center server.

/peter

Mark Lanctot
2008-05-30, 07:38
I too have a Belkin router (G). But is the router really a problem, isnīt squeeze controller conenct ad hoc directly to the server?

Not unless your SBR is wired. The SBC only connects wirelessly directly to the SBR on initial setup otherwise.

ch1525
2008-06-09, 16:58
I have exactly the same problem. Squeezebox receiver never loses contact. Infact it seems to be extremely stable. The controller does all the time being 3 meters from the router and 6 meters from the squeeze center server.

/peter

Add me down for having exactly the same problem also. I get the dreaded blue icon on the controller all the time. The receiver stays white and keeps playing. I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with my router since my laptop can be right in the same room as the squeezebox receiver/controller and access the network with no problems.

pfarrell
2008-06-10, 12:31
I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with my router since my laptop can be right in the same room as the squeezebox receiver/controller and access the network with no problems.

Its probably a problem with your router. Or more precisely, with your router putting out a less than optimal signal. Laptops typically are plugged in, and can use strong amps to pick up the signal.

the controller is battery powered. Moving it, rotating it, can help.

Or try a router with control that can raise the RF signal, such as a Linksys WRT54GL with DD-WRT or Tomato.

ch1525
2008-06-10, 16:32
Well, I am using a D-Link DIR-655 router. Does anyone else have experience using this router with the Squeezebox? Perhaps I don't have it configured optimally. Are there any special settings I should be aware of? Thanks.

radish
2008-06-10, 17:18
I have the DIR-655 and it works fine with all my devices over most of the house. I do have a secondary router up in the furthest extremes to provide a stronger signal, but up there nothing works well with the main one (including laptops).