PDA

View Full Version : Transporter Digital Inputs bug

mmg_fan
2008-05-16, 11:37
Not sure if anyone else has encountered this...when I want to hear any audio via my DVD player, and swittch the digital inputs...at first I hear nothing.

I have to first select an incorrect input, ie BNC, hit play, then switch to the correct input RCA and hit play once more, before I hear any audio.

If I select the correct input first and hit play...nothing.

Philip Meyer
2008-05-16, 12:46
>If I select the correct input first and hit play...nothing.
I have been seeing this issue to, for quite some time (since I moved to SC 7.1 I think).
I haven't found any way to get it to work at all. I've tried playing all forms of digital inputs, and the now playing time always remains at 00:00.

Teus de Jong
2008-05-16, 13:07
Look at the firmware used in 7.1. For some time FW40 was included. That version had several problems, one of which was not correctly switching to digital inputs and back.

Since Saturday SC7.1 includes FW42, that solves the digital input switching bug(s). But there is still one bug left: some users (I'm one of them) experience intermittent degaussing 'rattle'.

I would like to add that 7.1 is delivered as 'unstable' beta software. FW37, that is delivered with the official 7.0 release, does not have these problems (but can't play 24/88.2 files).

For more details, see several threads in the Audiofiles forum section.

Teus

Philip Meyer
2008-05-16, 14:02
>Since Saturday SC7.1 includes FW42, that solves the digital input
>switching bug(s). But there is still one bug left: some users (I'm one
>of them) experience intermittent degaussing 'rattle'.
>
I am on FW42. The digital input switching bug is not fixed for me.

I also have problems with the transporter knob - after a while it stops functioning. Sometimes pressing the button has no effect, other times the resistance goes wrong and won't move me through menus.

I'm not complaining - I know it's beta.

Teus de Jong
2008-05-16, 18:08
Philip, I'm sorry that digital input switching in FW42 is not working for you, it's working perfectly here. I never use the knobs, so I don't know if there are problems with them, but the degaussing 'rattle' problem is definitely not solved for me in FW42.

Please don't feel offended if I sounded a bit 'I know it all'; for a relative junior it's difficult to see who are the more experienced ones here (I just saw my status is elevated to member; if my age was known maybe one would understand it was nice to be called a junior member for a while :-). I should have looked at your status as senior member and I would have responded differently. :-)

Teus