PDA

View Full Version : Special characters on SqueezeBox display and SC7 web GUI

RonHatl
2008-05-15, 10:16
Hi, I'm using SC7.0/SqueezeBoxes with Norwegian language (NO), and have named one of my players 'Kjkken' (which is Norwegian for kitchen). At first, this text is displayed correctly both on the SqueezeBox display and in the web GUI (standard skin), but suddenly it changes to 'Kj,kken'...

BTW, I'm using Internet Explorer 7.

Is there any way to fix this?

Mnyb
2008-05-15, 12:22
I would suggest an uppgrade to the newest 7.0.1 .

On some older 7.0.x scanning for wont work.

Anyway i had the Kk problem (swedish).

In my case it is related to switching between SqueezeNetwork and SqueezeCenter.
If i do this fast back and forth the name gets garbled.
I dont know if this is fixed yet, have to try later this week.

edit:
i checked my bug http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=7989
I not resolved yet, and nobody is interested in the issue as most comments are from me :-(

RonHatl
2008-05-15, 22:46
Thanks. However, I do not think that this bug is related to SC/SN switching, but of a more steady nature. I think it is related to text which is input through the web GUI and stored by SC in an "application" way, maybe in the mySQL?. Because, if I edit texts using the StringEditor plugin, the Norwegian is handled perfectly in the custom-strings.txt file, showing up as it should be on the SB display.

I'll do some documentation and support your bug report once I get registered.

mherger
2008-05-15, 23:02
> Thanks. However, I do not think that this bug is related to SC/SN
> switching, but of a more steady nature.

We did many related fixes in 7.0.1. Breaking a player name with non-latin characters is only one bug in 7.0 which is fixed in 7.0.1. And yes, it was related to the way we stored the configuration file. Please update to 7.0.1, rename your player again and feel free to report any bug which persists.

--

Michael

RonHatl
2008-05-16, 07:30
Works perfectly in SC 7.0.1.
Thanks!!