PDA

View Full Version : Announcement: SqueezeCenter 7.0.1 Now Available

mvalera
2008-05-14, 21:26
The new SqueezeCenter 7.0.1 release is now available at:

http://www.slimdevices.com/su_downloads.html

Hera are the highlights:

Added

Support for SIRIUS Internet Radio (U.S. only)
Support for Mac OS X aliases

Improved

Network connectivity with certain wireless access points.
Non-english language support in SqueezeCenter and on Squeezebox Controller
Handling of non-latin characters in tags
Handling of tags with special punctuation characters
Performance when displaying album art

Fixed

Problems connecting to Apple Extreme routers (including Time Capsule)
Problems reading and parsing OGG format tags
WMA playback on non-Windows platforms

You can read the detailed SqueezeCenter 7.0.1 release notes here (http://svn.slimdevices.com/repos/slim/7.0/tags/7.0.1/server/Changelog7.html).

Thanks for everyone in the community for contributing to this release!

Mike

Ramage
2008-05-14, 23:38
Mike

The Debian/Ubuntu download link takes us here: http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/LinuxInstallationGuide

All the others are OK.

snoogly
2008-05-15, 03:42
Were the scanning (or lack of scanning) issues in Mac OS X resolved? The beta never let me scan.

>>> Nope. Still broken. Fresh install of 7.01, All plugins removed.

Time to contact support again.

Svanur
2008-05-15, 04:04
Can I install this update over the 7.0 version? And what about the SBC, does it need to be updated also?
I have the automatically install updates (or something like that) activated on SC 7.0

gvh
2008-05-15, 05:33
The new SqueezeCenter 7.0.1 release is now available at:

You can read the detailed SqueezeCenter 7.0.1 release notes here (http://svn.slimdevices.com/repos/slim/7.0/tags/7.0.1/server/Changelog7.html).

Mike

It's pedantic but the url on error 6864 is to buglog 6931. I bet no-one else followed it...

bhaagensen
2008-05-15, 08:14
Are you planning on more point releases in the 7.0 series, or will 7.1 become beta and 7.2 testing? (Real agenda: will we be seeing builds of squeezeplay with the infamous... playback support?)

bpa
2008-05-15, 08:22
According to Roadmap ( http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SoftwareRoadmap ) audio on controller is 7.2

Mark Miksis
2008-05-15, 11:14
FYI, both the yum "release" repo and the debian "stable" repo still need to be updated to the new release.

signor_rossi
2008-05-15, 11:26
FYI, both the yum "release" repo and the debian "stable" repo still need to be updated to the new release.

Yep, as of 20.24 GMT+1 debian stable repo is still not updated (I can wait ;) , just as info).

Bye, signor_Rossi.

syburgh
2008-05-16, 19:04
Release Yum repository not updated yet (still 7.0): http://repos.slimdevices.com/yum/squeezecenter/release/

vdorta
2008-05-17, 09:32
Can I install this update over the 7.0 version? And what about the SBC, does it need to be updated also?
I have the automatically install updates (or something like that) activated on SC 7.0

Would somebody in the know answer this question?

powellmi
2008-05-17, 14:32
Would somebody in the know answer this question?

The update will work well for Squeezebox. Just upgrade SqueezeCenter and press the Brightness button on your remote.
I faced no problem for Squeezebox - For the Duet the upgrade failed - other users seem to have the same problem. Hope it will be fixed soon

Michael

RonM
2008-05-17, 19:24
I just did the update. It's seamless. You download the new update file (an exe), and then run the file. It first uninstalls previous versions, then installs the new, retaining all library information. Subsequently, it seems that a firmware upgrade is invoked for the SC, and then for the remote. You may not have access to the system during this firmware update process.

After that it's all as it was before, with some functionality added, and bugs fixed.

R.

vdorta
2008-05-17, 19:37
Thanks for the information.

Jetlag
2008-05-19, 11:54
I am setting up Squeezecenter for my ReadyNAS for the first time.

During setup I get the following question:

"Please navigate to the folder where your music collection is stored.

If you want to access any of your music stored on another computer or a shared network volume, please make sure that the shared volume is mounted and available to your file system. Once the volume is available, it will appear in the selection window to the left. If you know the path of the volume you wish to access you can enter it below."

But when I enter "\\Readynas\media\Music" the box flashes pink momentarily but does not appear to accept this entry. This is where my music is and was working perfectly with version 6 of Slimserver. I do not normally leave my PC on all of the time but want access 24/7 to my music on my NAS.

How do I fix this?

mherger
2008-05-19, 12:14
> I am setting up Squeezecenter for my ReadyNAS for the first time.
[..]
> But when I enter "\\Readynas\media\Music" the box flashes pink
> momentarily but does not appear to accept this entry. This is where my
> music is and was working perfectly with version 6 of Slimserver.

As you're running SC on the ReadyNAS you don't need to access it by the
share's name, but by the internal path. This is very likely something like
/c/media/music or similar. Just browse the various folders you see. Don't
enter anything manually.

Michael

Jetlag
2008-05-19, 12:23
Yeah I figured it out about 3 minutes after I made that post. Found the "c" folder on that page and got to the correct folder.

BTW, it scanned my entire library in record time, WAY WAY WAY faster than version 6.5

slimnick
2008-05-19, 13:21
Release Yum repository not updated yet (still 7.0): http://repos.slimdevices.com/yum/squeezecenter/release/

Hi Guys - any chance of letting us Debian dudes in on the action?

andlauer
2008-05-20, 11:34
Hello,

When will the Ubuntu repositories be updated?

Thank you in advance, and regards.

andlauer
2008-05-21, 10:50
Now SC 7.01 is also available for Ubuntu

bramh
2008-05-21, 11:39
After upgrading to 7.0.1 squeezecenter is no longer working. It has a problem connecting to the mysql server. It stays in a die-ing restarting loop.

2008-05-21 20:37:55 SqueezeCenter died. Restarting.
[08-05-21 20:38:26.8225] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (70) Error: DBI Connection failed: DBI connect('hostname=127.0.0.1;port=9092;database=sli mserver:mysql_socket=/var/lib/squeezecenter/cache/squeezecenter-mysql.sock','slimserver',...) failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (111) at /usr/share/squeezecenter/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 652
[08-05-21 20:38:26.8235] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (70) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 70)
frame 1: Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (/usr/share/squeezecenter/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 658)
frame 2: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_connect (/usr/share/squeezecenter/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 616)
frame 3: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_populate_dbh (/usr/share/squeezecenter/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 543)
frame 4: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ensure_connected (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 29)
frame 5: (eval) (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 29)
frame 6: Slim::Schema::Storage::dbh (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Schema.pm line 121)
frame 7: Slim::Schema::init (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Music/Info.pm line 76)
frame 8: Slim::Music::Info::init (/usr/sbin/squeezecenter-server line 348)
frame 9: main::init (/usr/sbin/squeezecenter-server line 451)
frame 10: main::main (/usr/sbin/squeezecenter-server line 1012)

[08-05-21 20:38:26.8248] Slim::Schema::init (124) Error: Couldn't connect to database! Fatal error: [] Exiting!
[08-05-21 20:38:26.8256] Slim::Schema::init (124) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Schema.pm line 124)
frame 1: Slim::Schema::init (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Music/Info.pm line 76)
frame 2: Slim::Music::Info::init (/usr/sbin/squeezecenter-server line 348)
frame 3: main::init (/usr/sbin/squeezecenter-server line 451)
frame 4: main::main (/usr/sbin/squeezecenter-server line 1012)

[08-05-21 20:38:26.8265] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (1368) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
2008-05-21 20:38:26 SqueezeCenter died. Restarting.

maxcooper
2008-05-22, 00:21
I just updated to squeezecenter 7.0.1 on my Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) system and have the same mysql connection problem that bramh is having. Squeezecenter was working fine before the 7.0.1 update.

Looking for a solution...

-Max

maxcooper
2008-05-22, 00:57
I uncommented the "testing" depot in /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://debian.slimdevices.com testing main

...in hopes that the testing version would magically work. It didn't, but I got a warning that may help debug the problem generally. I don't know much about AppArmor, but based on this message I suspect that it might be what is getting in the way:

Preparing to replace squeezecenter 7.0.1 (using .../squeezecenter_7.0.2~19924_all.deb) ...
Stopping SqueezeCenter Audio ServerNo squeezecenter_s found running; none killed.
Unpacking replacement squeezecenter ...
Setting up squeezecenter (7.0.2~19924) ...
Reloading AppArmor profiles Warning: found /etc/apparmor.d/force-complain/usr.sbin.mysqld, forcing complain mode
: done.

Hope that helps to debug,
-Max

maxcooper
2008-05-22, 01:53
SOLVED! (or at least an easy work-around)

If you have the same problem that bramh & I had, running these commands should solve it:

sudo rm /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.mysqld.squeezecenter.orig
sudo /etc/init.d/apparmor restart
sudo /etc/init.d/squeezecenter restart

Detail most folks probably won't care about:
The problem seems to be that AppArmor reads the /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.mysqld.squeezecenter.orig profile file, which is missing the permissions that the squeezecenter install adds to /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.mysqld. My solution is to delete the ...orig file. I'm not sure what the "right" fix is. Perhaps the squeezecenter install should not create the /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.mysqld.squeezecenter.orig file. Or maybe there is some other mechanism to add permissions. IDK

I got a bunch of ideas for the work-around from this thread:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=300631

-Max

bramh
2008-05-22, 05:09
SOLVED! (or at least an easy work-around)

If you have the same problem that bramh & I had, running these commands should solve it:

sudo rm /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.mysqld.squeezecenter.orig
sudo /etc/init.d/apparmor restart
sudo /etc/init.d/squeezecenter restart

Thanks Max! It's working again!

bbaraniec
2008-05-22, 10:05
Hey,

I installed version 7.0.1 on my ReadyNas NV+ today.
Two things:

1.In previous version 7.0 there was summary info about artists, albums, tracks in left pannel on the gray background just above help buttow.

2.Wallpaper plugin isn't working anymore and now I can't change backgrounds on controller.

P.S. I tried to install version 7.1 but I wasn't able to run it.

mbonsack
2008-05-22, 10:16
I get the following in the server log file after updating to 7.0.2 (from 7.0), but the SuperDateTime plugin does appear to be working fine:

[08-05-22 10:09:31.9136] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::enablePlugins (374) Couldn't load Slim::Plugin::PreventStandby::Plugin. Error: [-5]

This is on Ubuntu Server 7.10.

mherger
2008-05-22, 10:16
> 1.In previous version 7.0 there was summary info about artists, albums,
> tracks in left pannel on the gray background just above help buttow.

This can be enabled in Settings/Advanced/Performance

--

Michael

bbaraniec
2008-05-22, 13:11
Thanks I got it working now.
But wallpapers isn't. I have downloaded this http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4771&d=1207316997
and it's different from version I had before but I made a backup before upgrade so I tried both of then and none is working.

smarco
2008-05-23, 17:58
I installed the official version of 7.0.1 to my Qnap server. Both the previous 7.0 version and this new version dispay UTF characters correctly on the webpage of my pc and the display pannel of my transporter.

Today I received a duet with the SB controller. Although the release note of 7.0.1 states that the new version is capable of dispaying 'non-english' characters, it's not. I see only rectangular boxes for the non-english characters. I'm not sure if it means 7.0 can't but 7.0.1 can do this.

*** Does the 'non-english' include east-asian languages? ***

The components of my SB system are;

TS-201 (T2.1.1)
Transporter (v37)
Receiver (V23)

SSODS beta12
SqueezeCenter 7.0.1-19705 (r2448)
MySQL 5.0.37

locale_charst en_GB utf-8

MBSqueeze
2008-05-27, 07:14
I was a little concerned about upgrading to 7.0.1 after reading about some of the problems encountered in here, but wanted to try Sirius so I took the plunge. The upgrade was painless on my windows home media server along with the duet and everything went flawlessly.

Love the product and it just continues to get better. Accessing my music and listening to new music and old stuff I haven't heard in years via Rhapsody has been great.

I look forward to v7.2 and controller playback. Thanks for all the hard work by the development community and Logitech.

Regards,
Mark

Svanur
2008-05-27, 10:24
Now I got a message in SC that 7.0.1 was out. I downloaded it and installed it over the existing 7.0 version. After the startup from SC I saw that the receiver was flashing (white) doing an update. The SBC also said that there was an update. The first time it went wrong, got the message 'update failed'. Tried again to let it download the update and after a while the update was downloaded (took quite a while) and during the install process I saw a percentage meter on the screen. After the update was finished the SBC turned off. Turned it back on again and saw that the SBC version is now: 7.0.1 r2448 from May 13th 2008.

Just wanted to let you guys/girls know.

Grtz,
Svanur.

dhinesh
2008-06-13, 08:33
still using slimserver 6.5.4. on the ready nas nv+. does the squeeze center replace the slim server? can I just download from the slim devices website and upload the file manually to the ready nas? will this do? any advise on what problems I will / may have? thanks

IRJ
2008-06-19, 13:54
I just upgraded from the previous version of SC to 7.0.1

I am presently using an SB1 and a Chumby which were both fine with the previous software. Guess what? After the upgrade SC only sees the Chumby and NOT the SB1. I've done reboots of the server softwarer and the SB etc. with no success. Curious and frustrating....

dhinesh
2008-06-22, 04:14
Question: Is this a replacement for slim server? Please advise. Currently running Slim server on the Ready Nas NV+. Can I install squeeze center on thr Ready Nas NV+. Any known issues? Thanks