PDA

View Full Version : Ordering through slimdevices store

Sike
2008-05-14, 03:10
Hi

As I am off to the states in a couple of days: If i order the Classic from the online store here, will I still get a Slimdevices branded SB3/Classic?

aubuti
2008-05-14, 06:10
According to other reports here, just about all SB3s have been Logitech branded for several months now. To get one with the SD logo you'd have to go to the used market, or find someone who forgot about some old boxes in the back of the stock room....

Sike
2008-05-14, 06:48
I ordered one about 6 months ago directly from slimdevices and got a 'slimdevices' branded SB3. I remember seeing the fact posted on the forums by some Slim employee.

Maybe they have run out of stock. Does anyone from slim know about this?

bklaas
2008-05-14, 09:21
New Squeezebox Classics now bear a Logitech logo, no matter from where you purchase. It is what it is. For the record, they sound the same :)

cheers,
#!/ben

Sike
2008-05-14, 09:34
Cool, I'll buy one more here. Even with the new remote, I'm going to stick to the SB3s for players.. if not only as an "atom"-clock ;)

For the record: Nothing against Logitech ;)

bklaas
2008-05-14, 09:47
Cool, I'll buy one more here. Even with the new remote, I'm going to stick to the SB3s for players.. if not only as an "atom"-clock ;)

For the record: Nothing against Logitech ;)

Sure thing...I like the VFD display too-- FYI, you can now buy a Squeezebox Controller from the slimdevices store without the receiver. Works with SB3s and Transporters (and heck, softsqueeze) too!

cheers,
#!/ben