PDA

View Full Version : Forums changed?

funkstar
2008-05-13, 10:14
Has someone chaned settings on the forum. Loggen in and discovered 20 pages of unread threads. Clicking on the "Go to first unread" icon just takes me to the first post too, not the actual new post.

Any ideas?

Ramage
2008-05-13, 10:16
Has someone chaned settings on the forum. Loggen in and discovered 20 pages of unread threads. Clicking on the "Go to first unread" icon just takes me to the first post too, not the actual new post.

Any ideas?

Yeah, I noticed that today also.

snarlydwarf
2008-05-13, 10:41
So did I. I think it is the change someone asked for a few weeks ago that keeps better track of what you have really read. (Ie, it used to be "you were last here at 8:12am, so these are the threads with content newer than that.) That sort of got annoying if you checked for new, then took a shower in the am, and found it decided "okay, you've taken long enough, everything must be read now".

Tho it scared me last night to see 20 pages of unread stuff..

Use the 'Quick Links' to mark things read when you have read all that you are interested in reading, so the threads you skipped will get marked and will drop off your list until they get a new post.

radish
2008-05-13, 11:02
Yup, I was going to say the same thing. I like the change, it's made it easier to keep track of what's read, but it seems to have started off thinking I haven't read anything in the last week :) Also, is it just me or are the forums much faster in the last couple of days?

Siduhe
2008-05-13, 11:07
Also noticed this and getting used to the change. You can mark all forums read at the bottom of the forum page to get rid of the 20+ pages though, if you need to!

funkstar
2008-05-13, 13:04
hmmmmm

I guess i'll get used to it. I'll just have to remember to mark everything as read when i'm done.

mvalera
2008-05-13, 15:28
Sorry, we have been upgrading a lot of back end systems here so that was likely the culprit.

The good news is that we should have read/unread threads tracked by username in 2 - 3 weeks or so. It's pretty CPU intensive so we're waiting for all the upgrades to be completed until we turn it on.

Cheers,

Mike