PDA

View Full Version : Slacker question

MeSue
2008-05-13, 08:25
My server has been out of commission for a few days and it looks like it might be a few more days longer since I have to do a factory reset. :-( So last night I decided to check out Slacker while I am cut off from my MP3s. I really like it a lot.

The only problem I had is that the song info shown on the player often did not update to what was playing. That made it hard to ban a song or artist. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there some way to force it to update the now playing info?

JimC
2008-05-13, 10:18
My server has been out of commission for a few days and it looks like it might be a few more days longer since I have to do a factory reset. :-( So last night I decided to check out Slacker while I am cut off from my MP3s. I really like it a lot.

The only problem I had is that the song info shown on the player often did not update to what was playing. That made it hard to ban a song or artist. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there some way to force it to update the now playing info?

I use Slacker quite a bit and haven't seen the track info get out of sync with the playback. I've seen that happen with Pandora on Squeezebox Controller, but never with either Slacker or Pandora on any Squeezebox player.

Any more details you can provide? Had you skipped a track recently? How loan had you been playing? Which Squeezebox player (or was it the Controller)?

-=> Jim

MeSue
2008-05-13, 11:24
I'm pretty sure it happened before I skipped any tracks. The first time it was maybe the 3rd or 4th song in that I noticed it, and then almost every other song did not update. It was the squeezebox2 player.

andyg
2008-05-13, 12:18
That issue has been reported for both Pandora and Slacker, but I've never been able to reproduce it. :(

MeSue
2008-05-13, 13:08
Okay, I found those bug reports so I could track them. I noticed in one of them, someone wrote: "Accessing Slacker via SC7 works fine. This phenomenon seems to occur only on SN."

How do you access slacker through SC7? When I tried I got an error: Invalid SqueezeNetwork username or password.

andyg
2008-05-13, 13:16
You need to enter your SN login details in Settings -> SqueezeNetwork.

MeSue
2008-05-13, 19:01
Got it... thanks.