PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy a Duet on the High Street? TODAY?

darrenwm
2008-05-13, 08:20
I've been considering a Duet for a while.

If I can literally buy one on the High Street right now I will make the impulse buy.

I tried the PC World website and they don't have them. Where else might I try?

Poole, Bournemouth are closest to me.

autopilot
2008-05-13, 08:49
PC World do stock them, a friend of mine bought one from there a couple of weeks ago. Selfridges also have them in some stores.

Secret Squirrel
2008-05-13, 08:50

If I can literally buy one on the High Street right now I will make the impulse buy.

WHOA guy! We understand your impatience, but did you check the website out for dealers? We can't really be of much help of we don't know what city you're in, to say nothing of the country ;)

Best of luck,

SS

(Impatience makes time slow to a crawl)

darrenwm
2008-05-13, 08:59
Oh where is a dealer list?

I found a page that shows Worldwide resellers but nothing specific.

I called Logitech and they didn't really have any ideas. PC World website didn't list the Duet but I may pop in as I pass them later.

JimC
2008-05-13, 10:11

Your best bet is PC World/Dixons. If not, try ripcaster.co.uk to see if they've any in stock. Supply is a bit on the light side, so it may be hard to locate one immediately.

-=> Jim

JJZolx
2008-05-13, 12:06
I called Logitech and they didn't really have any ideas.

Is it just the impression that I've gotten from the many posts to these forums, or is the Logitech product distribution system a complete joke?

pfarrell
2008-05-13, 12:20
JJZolx wrote:
> Is it just the impression that I've gotten from the many posts to these
> forums, or is the Logitech product distribution system a complete joke?

Hi Jim, have you stopped beating your wife?

Equally silly question to ask. If I didn't know better, I'd call it a troll.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/

JJZolx
2008-05-13, 13:51
have you stopped beating your wife?

Of course not.

JimC
2008-05-13, 13:53
Of course not.

Actually, I think he meant me.

-=> Jim

JJZolx
2008-05-13, 13:57
Actually, I think he meant me.

You've been beating my wife too?

pfarrell
2008-05-13, 14:04
JJZolx wrote:
> JimC;301691 Wrote:
>> Actually, I think he meant me.
>
> You've been beating my wife too?

Both of you guys named Jim, stop beating your wife/wives.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/

Sike
2008-05-13, 23:59

Did you get one in the end?

darrenwm
2008-05-14, 01:51
I stopped at PC World but they only had a Classic.

I will call Sevenoaks in a bit and have one ordered in hopefully, as I just remembered that they stock Harmony remotes, thus have an account with Logitech.

I think I prefer Sonos overall, but the Duet is cheaper.

morris_minor
2008-05-14, 02:04
FWIW - Ripcaster sent my Duet with next day delivery (about a month ago). Don't know what their stock level is, tho'.

Sike
2008-05-14, 03:07
@darrenwm: If you like flexibilty, plugins and a great product pipeline or have a really -BIG- music collection >50'000, then the Duet is for you.

darrenwm
2008-05-14, 03:36
Right, Sevenoaks are getting back to me later with costs and timescales for the Sonos ZP80 and SB Duet bundles.

I don't have huge collection of music. It's about 13000 tracks, mostly lossless, which comfortably fits on a 500GB external drive.

The Sonos and SB ave their own pro's and con's.

egd
2008-05-14, 03:44
Is it just the impression that I've gotten from the many posts to these forums, or is the Logitech product distribution system a complete joke?

It's a complete and utter joke. I've now been told officially we cannot supply you spares despite the fact that we also know that Logitech in AU won't import the stuff. Basically it's just a case of tough sh1t and go screw yourself, unless you have a friend in the US, because we're not planning on fixing our website so you can at least order spares from us if you're not in the US and cannot source them elsewhere, hell, we won't even let you order them from an Austrlian card, EVEN IF the delivery address is in the US.

Sike
2008-05-14, 03:57
We won't even let you order them from an Austrlian card, EVEN IF the delivery address is in the US.

Really? Has this changed over the last couple of months? Luckly i have frieds over there that will trust me using their card..

The Distrib system works great over here is Switzerland. You can buy SB3s and Duets in stores (Full lust price - So not a good idea) I don't like the fact that if you want spare parts you can't get them through Logitech..

egd
2008-05-14, 14:04
yep, it's changed.

Khuli
2008-05-15, 03:11
(Full lust price - So not a good idea)

Indeed - lust can get expensive.....

Sike
2008-05-15, 03:44
And there was some lust involved...