PDA

View Full Version : Translating squeezebox to Swedish

pbol
2008-05-12, 12:50
Hi,

I would like to translate all menues (squeezecenter and squeeze controller) to Swedish. Is thta possible?

/peter

erland
2008-05-12, 13:16
If you are talking about the standard interface it has already been done, just select "Svenska" in the Language option in SqueezeCenter Settings in the web interface.

mherger
2008-05-13, 12:48
> I would like to translate all menues (squeezecenter and squeeze
> controller) to Swedish. Is thta possible?

Sure it is! Take a look at strings.txt - there are all translations in there in a raw text file format.

If you want to get started, there are a few hints to ease your live:

- if you're on Windows, get a decent text editor which can store files utf8 encoded with Unix style line endings. PSPad, UltraEdit and many others can do this (well, almost anything but Notepad will do)

- if you're on Linux you don't have to care about this. vi, Emacs, joe, nano - they all will do.

- create a custom-strings.txt file in the place where the main strings.txt file is

- start SC with the --checkstrings parameter - this will tell SC to reload the strings whenever you save the above file

- take strings.txt as a reference for commonly used terms

- make sure you don't break the file's format. It's simple:

THIS_IS_THE_STRINGS_TAG
{tab}SV{tab}Put your translation here

You shouldn't ever need to change the tag, but only the translation line. Once you've done a few test strings, send them to me (translate at slimdevices dot com) so we can be sure everything's fine. Please bear with me as I'll be away for a few days. Will be back next week.

Thank you very much in advance!

--

Michael

pbol
2008-05-22, 09:41
If you are talking about the standard interface it has already been done, just select "Svenska" in the Language option in SqueezeCenter Settings in the web interface.

I noticed that the squeezecenter is translated, but the controller only has danish, not swedish.