PDA

View Full Version : Locked myself out of web interface

Eldering
2008-05-10, 08:57
I've changed the IP blocking security feature but i cannot access the webpage anymore now, not even from the same machine(localhost). The IP range I configured was 10.0.*, all my LAN machines should match that. But maybe I should have entered 10.0.*.*?

Does someone know how to fix this without a reinstall? Can someone point me to the configuration files of squeezecenter version 7, it seems the location has changed with the last version.

As an additional question, is it possible to use password protection in combination with Squeezebox Duet? I can play with the web interface but not with the Squeezebox controller.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

jth
2008-05-10, 09:41
The location depends which OS you are using. You should able to search for
the file server.prefs and find it.

Once you find it, quit squeezecenter and change the allowedHosts parameter
in server.prefs to '' (two single quotes, the empty string)

schiegl
2008-05-10, 09:55
As an additional question, is it possible to use password protection in combination with Squeezebox Duet? I can play with the web interface but not with the Squeezebox controller.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Password support has already been added. It's included in 7.0.1-beta's/pre-releases and has been checked in for 7.0 as r2275 (compare your SBC version with this number) a few weeks ago. It works just fine.

kind regards,
Markus

Eldering
2008-05-11, 04:49
Thanks for the very fast replies! The empty string did not work for me, so I changed it to 127.0.0.1 and changed the settings from the webinterface.

For people looking for the preferences file of squeezecenter on windows, it was here: "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SqueezeCenter\prefs\server.prefs"

I will look at the update for my controller today.

jrfuda
2008-05-15, 12:48
Password support has already been added. It's included in 7.0.1-beta's/pre-releases and has been checked in for 7.0 as r2275 (compare your SBC version with this number) a few weeks ago. It works just fine.

Not to hijack the thread, but...

Just to be sure I'm following - Does this mean that with 7.0.1 and beyond, we can enable password protection and all of our devices will be able to connect to SqueezeCenter(My Duet, SB3 and Softsqueeze)?

schiegl
2008-05-15, 22:23
Not to hijack the thread, but...

Just to be sure I'm following - Does this mean that with 7.0.1 and beyond, we can enable password protection and all of our devices will be able to connect to SqueezeCenter(My Duet, SB3 and Softsqueeze)?

yes, you can enable password protection again. AFAIR you'll get no meaningful feedback if the password entered is wrong, but using the correct password works of course. SB3/SBR/TR have been never affected by this, just the SBC.

kind regards,
Markus