PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox Duet Accessing UPnP Server

DWAnderson
2008-05-09, 20:30
I am trying to set up a newly purchased Squeezebox Duet to access music on an existing UPnP server on my network. I was able to set up SqueezeCenter 7.0 to access the UPnP server without a hitch and and able to traverse the UPnP menus on that server using the web interface to SqueezeCenter. In that way I am also able to get the Duet to play tracks from the UPnP server.

But... I cannot figure out how to access the UPnP server and menus from the Duet directly using the interface on the remote. How can I do this?

Thanks for you help.

funkstar
2008-05-10, 03:06
None of the SlimDevices/Logitech products can access uPnP devices driectly, they need to connect to either a SqueezeCenter PC on your network or SqueezeNetwork over the internet.

DWAnderson
2008-05-10, 07:21
None of the SlimDevices/Logitech products can access uPnP devices driectly, they need to connect to either a SqueezeCenter PC on your network or SqueezeNetwork over the internet.

Per my post above, I AM connecting through SqueezeCenter. The UPnP servers show up in Squueze Center, they just don't seem to appear anywhere in the Duet's interface.

I have tried both versions 7.0 and 7.1 of the SqueezeCenter software. Is this a bug?

funkstar
2008-05-10, 07:58
Sorry, I read that as you were able to get the uPnP data while connected to SC7 but you couldn't connect directly. My mistake :)

DWAnderson
2008-05-12, 07:26
---- bump ----

andyg
2008-05-12, 07:28
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=8113