PDA

View Full Version : Initial set up failure

WinkeyMan
2008-05-07, 05:25
Hi Everyone,

After being very excited, my Duet came today. Followed the instructions and entered the WEP on the controller but it comes up with "connection problem" and I can go no further, aaaahhhhhhhhh! It recognises the wi-fi network and I have tried with and without WEP. The router is only feet away and has full strength. Any ideas???

windows xp sp2
orange (inventel) livebox WEP (with wi-fi easy pairing enabled)
squeezecentre 7.0

morris_minor
2008-05-07, 06:06
Welcome to the forums!

Have you any other wi-fi devices connected to your network - that work Ok?

When you tried without WEP presumably this was disabled on your router? (I don't know the box you're using).

This may be firewall related, also . . .

Bob

WinkeyMan
2008-05-07, 06:16
Laptop works fine, with and without WEP. Tried with the router firewall off also, no joy. Its starting to get annoying!

bpa
2008-05-07, 06:22
Describe the sequence of colours on the button as they might give more detailed info on the problem.

WinkeyMan
2008-05-07, 06:33
The Duet reciever is still flashing red. Its the contoller thats the problem, I cant get that past the inital set up. Its literally one of the first things you do -

turn on, select language (english), region (europe), it then finds the available networks (mine plus next door(secure), mine is full strength, next door weak)enter wep (double checked a million times!) Says connecting to xxxx network, THEN....

connection problem,
1.try again
2.try different network
3.go back

aaahhhh!

router firewall off, computer firewall off (when on, exceptions were slimcenter 9000 etc)

Having spent nearly 300 quid and having all the "system requirements" I'm a bit frustrated to say the least. I could really do with not having to get another router etc.

Thanks anyway everyone, more suggestions greatfully received!

WinkeyMan
2008-05-07, 07:10
Well after several hours of trawling through users posts (some in French!) I have sorted it (I think)surprise surprise its the bloody router. I had to put it in pairing mode apparently, which involves pressing 1 button on the router. I am now on to the nexr steps and feeling very excited again. I love these forums!

Cheers everyone, sanity restored!

rom5055
2008-05-26, 14:21
Well after several hours of trawling through users posts (some in French!) I have sorted it (I think)surprise surprise its the bloody router. I had to put it in pairing mode apparently, which involves pressing 1 button on the router. I am now on to the nexr steps and feeling very excited again. I love these forums!

Cheers everyone, sanity restored!

hi

did you manage the next step ?
in fact, my controller is connected to my livebox, but it can't see my receiver
my receiver is still flashing slowly in red...

any idea ??
i was so axcited with my new duet, and so disapointed now

lork
2008-05-27, 22:12
rom5055:

You might check other threads- I am not sure your problem is the same as Winkyman's; in fact, it may be similar to the one in this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=48190

Have you tried powering down the receiver? (unplug the power AND the ethernet, if you're using ethernet), then try connecting with the controller again.

There is a other info on the forums on this sort of issue, so look around more if that link doesn't help.

FWIW, the Duet is a bit of a hassle to set up (for some of us, anyway), but it is really sweet once you sort it out.

grb@aughton.vianw.co.uk
2008-05-29, 15:47
Have you tried taking out and putting back the battery in the controller? Yes know it's illogical but it worked for me when simply switching off OR doing a factory reset didn't...........