PDA

View Full Version : SC7 sometimes stuck "downloading picture"

moley6knipe
2008-05-05, 09:15
When I open the SC7 web gui, I sometimes get a message about "downloading picture" as per the attached screenshot, that stays there until I change screen. I presume it's struggling with a .png file, but how do I find out more, ie is it one of my jpegs that's causing it, is it a system file, or what? This particular screenshot was of the main menu with an album playing on the right. Artwork for that album seems fine. Well, all my albums do, as far as I can tell.

IE7
WinXP Pro SP2
SqueezeCenter Version: 7.0 - 17793 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252
Server IP address: 192.168.1.2
Perl Version: 5.8.8 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt

mherger
2008-05-05, 09:27
> how do I find out more

Please check server.log, and set logging for artwork to debug.

--

Michael

moley6knipe
2008-05-06, 13:22
I've attached a small excerpt from server log (with artwork logging set to "debug") from one of the times the web gui was "waiting for..."

mherger
2008-05-06, 13:41
> I've attached a small excerpt from server log (with artwork logging set
> to "debug") from one of the times the web gui was "waiting for..."

May be too small - I don't see anything irregular in there. Could you open
the url you've shown in the screenshot?

Michael

moley6knipe
2008-05-06, 23:30
Yes, sorry - had to cut the log way down to get it to upload! The whole thing continues in that vein though, can't see any errors.

I can visit the url shown on the screenshot - it's the cover for "Tripping The Live Fantastic" by Paul McCartney, a double album that I had ripped as mp3, and I've just re-ripped as ALAC - I used mp3tag to copy tags from the mp3s to the ALAC files, don't know if that's significant. When I visited the url the QuickTime logo briefly appeared in my browser window, and the picture appeared in the middle of the window with black bars padding the top and bottom (the original jpeg is wider than it is tall). I've just visited the url again and no QT logo this time, no black padding and the image is top left of the browser window. Doubt any of that's relevant, but anyway!

And finally, all of my artwork is stored in the tags themselves (mixture of ALAC, AAC and mp3) and they're all jpeg.

mherger
2008-05-07, 02:15
> significant. When I visited the url the QuickTime logo briefly
> appeared in my browser window, and the picture appeared in the middle
> of the window with black bars padding the top and bottom (the original
> jpeg is wider than it is tall).

Hmm... this sounds like misconfigured doc-types or something. The browser isn't recognizing it as a a .jpg, but firing up a plugin to display it?

--

Michael

moley6knipe
2008-05-07, 04:32
It's starting to look that way! The strange thing is that it only hung once on that particular file (as per screenshot in my first post), and it's always displayed fine when browsing the album/playing it etc.

A Google search of "ie7 .png files" seems to show that IE7 has issues with .png files - but I'm not sure that's relevant, as the bulk of these problems seem to concern the red placeholder appearing when browsing sites instead of the actual picture, which isn't what's happening for me.
When I'm home later, I'll check My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > File Types and see what program .png is associated with at the moment!

moley6knipe
2008-05-08, 00:36
.png .jpg and .jpeg files are all associated with Irfanview, as expected. I'll keep an eye on it; I'll keep the artwork logging set to debug and check the logs again if anything else strange happens. Let's face it though, it's 99% certain to be IE7's "unique" approach to things that's to blame!! If I could only persuade my wife I'd use another browser, but hey ho!