music through headphone jack on duet remote?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Louis-David Mitterrand

music through headphone jack on duet remote?

Hi,

Can music be played through the duet remote's headphone jack ? When
    trying I only get the software's sound effects. Nowhere in the menus can
    I see any such option.

Thanks,
  • autopilot
    • Oct 2005

No possible yet. It's a feature thats not yet been added, but i believe is being added soon (SC7.1?).
    Cheers, auto.

Lounge: Squeezebox 3, Squeezebox Controller, Cambridge Audio 640A, Mission 701's Kitchen: Squeezebox Touch, Trends TA-10.1, Kef Cresta 1's. Bedroom: Squeezebox Boom Bathroom/Garden: Squeezebox Radio Car: iPod Classic 80GB Portable: iPhone 3GS 32Gb (+iPeng)

Comment

• MrSinatra

it'll be a cool feature, but how long is the battery expected to last with it?

Comment

• EnochLight
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by MrSinatra
        it'll be a cool feature, but how long is the battery expected to last with it?
        Who knows, but hopefully long enough for you to finish a martini on the balcony. ;-P

Comment

• BigTony
          • Mar 2007

I'm holding out on a new controller until the headphone jack works. I have a music rig out on my deck that would take a headphone output, so it would be nice to wonder outside, fire up the BBQ, pour a nice drink and listen to cool tunes. ATM I'm having to stream my music through a N800 and hook that up to the amp when I want to go outside, or dust off the Ipod!

Cheers

BT
          We're Only In It For The Music! www.zappateers.com

Comment

• aubuti
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by BigTony
            I'm holding out on a new controller until the headphone jack works.
            You may already be aware of this, but getting the headphone jack working only requires software changes -- all the hardware is already in place. During the beta period someone had it working using squeezeslave. All of which is to say that there's no need to wait for a newer version of the hardware. If you're waiting because you have doubts that the software upgrade will materialize, that's a different matter.
            Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
            Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
            Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
            Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
            Study: Squeezelite-X on Win10 laptop with cheapo Logitech speakers
            Bedroom: SB Radio
            Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + AudioQuest Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
            LMS 8.5 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng and SB Controllers

Comment

• gharris999
              • Apr 2005

I believe that the controller headphone audio stuff is going into 7.2, currently. It seems like what used to be known as the "trunk" development has been split into three trunks: 7.1, 7.2 & 7.3. I think that most of the 7.1 development thrust thus far has been to refactor a lot of the java script under the hood of the web interface.

It may be that the controller audio out 7.2 feature could be moved "down" into 7.1 for its release if the development goes well.

AFAIK, Richard T is completely rewriting all the audio code that went into softsqueeze and squeezeslave for this effort. As far as I'm concerned, this is a hopeful sign: I imagine that Richard knows the old code better than anyone and he knows all it's limitations. No one else would be in a better position to justify "starting over from scratch" than Richard.

I feel confident enough in this that I just placed an order for 3 controllers and I fully expect to be able to hear audio out of them before the end of the summer, though I also expect that I'll have to run beta code to do so.

Comment

• rdefelice
                • Mar 2008

Speaking of audio through the controller, maybe one of the developers can chime in here and answer me this...

When audio out support is added to the controller, is it expected to play nice with Rhapsody or other DRM'd audio that is decoded in the firmware of the current players?

Comment

• sx00237
                  • Sep 2010

Working

Go to

Settings > Advanced > Beta Features > Audio PlayBack > Enable this

Then

Choose Player > Controller

Comment

Working...