PDA

View Full Version : No Transporter available

Rembo
2008-05-04, 08:44
I've ordered a silver Transporter 5 weeks ago in an audiophile shop in Geneva, Switzerland. They promised to have it in 5 to 10 days, after 3 weeks they said between mid and end of April and now, beginning of May, there's no delay anymore.

And it looks the same for all the Internet shops in Switzerland: no Transporter on the horizon...

Is there a manufacturing problem ? a new model around the corner ? Is it the same elsewhere ?

bhaagensen
2008-05-04, 10:31
It is not the same in Denmark. I looked at many online stores in Switzerland since the prices are favorable. However none seemed to stock them and quoted delivery times from 1 week to unknown. I dont trust unknown online dealers when it comes to delivery times for items not in stock, so I ordered from one of the danish dealers who had them in stock and recieved it the day after. But it did cost more than a swiss one would have.

Leon van Bommel
2008-05-04, 10:40
It seems the Squeezebox (& Harmony BTW) product lines have serious availability issues. A few distributors here have withdrawn them from their pricelists, because of the delays in delivery. 6 to 8 weeks is pretty normal, as a minimum. So yes, I'd say there's a problem.

If you're already on the list, I'd stay on it. Chances are you'll simply end at the bottom again (or worse: in the NEXT batch) if you order it somewhere else.

It's a luxury problem Logitech has on these products, but a problem never the less.

Rembo
2008-05-05, 10:27
Thanks for the assistance, anyway I won't cancel my order because the shop owner is a very good friend and, of course, I want it !
But I stopped converting my CDs to FLAC because there no motivation yet.

On the Logitech swiss web site you choose to be informed when (if?) the Tranporter will be available again...

Remy

bhaagensen
2008-05-05, 10:46
Thanks for the assistance, anyway I won't cancel my order because the shop owner is a very good friend and, of course, I want it !

And it is very nice indeed, so I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Anyway part of the reason that I went with the danish dealer was also that he was extremly service minded which I thought was worth something.

On a more relevant note it seems there is room for improvement in the way the Slimdevices products gets distributed internationally by Logitech. Judging by the threads on this forum it seems difficult to get reliable information about delivery times, availability of parts, etc. The extent of these problems seems to, for an outsider like myself, be on the borderline of not acceptable.

Maybe these forums is not the right place to express such complaints. But where is then?

SilverRS8
2008-05-05, 11:14
Maybe these forums is not the right place to express such complaints. But where is then?

I'm afraid there is no way to file it as Logitech does not provide any 'file a complaint' service just support for there products (once you have it). I recall a forum post by JimC that they are currently working on providing such services but it has been a while though...

Rembo
2008-05-05, 11:20

Do you know that I live about 12km from Logitech's headquarter ? Maybe I should simply knock on the door and ask for a (free) Transporter ?

Leon van Bommel
2008-05-05, 11:30
On a more relevant note it seems there is room for improvement in the way the Slimdevices products gets distributed internationally by Logitech. Judging by the threads on this forum it seems difficult to get reliable information about delivery times, availability of parts, etc. The extent of these problems seems to, for an outsider like myself, be on the borderline of not acceptable.
The availability HAS improved. Before the take over, there wasn't an official distributor here. Some availability beats no availability at all. Logitech BTW doesn't give any info on delivery schedules, on any of their products. Waiting months for an OEM US keyboard (clearly an exotic item!) isn't uncommon.

Rembo
2008-05-08, 12:27
I'm Happy, This Forum is Pure Magic !!! My Tranporter is in the living room and it sounds very good, a real improvement over my Cyrus DAD3Q.