PDA

View Full Version : Quickly navigating to music

swayzak
2008-05-04, 05:20
hi

Up & running & lovin it !

Is there an easy way to move to an alphabetic area of my music collection e.g to folders begining with "H" or "S" or whatever ?

At the moment I'm having to scroll all the way through the alphabet to select artists/albums.

Also, when I use Winamp on my PC to play music, the main playlist defaults to whatever has been detected by the "local media" search ie. all the 120GB of mp3's I have.

I use this as the source for complete random play from my entire music collection.

However, for the Duet do I have to setup a playlist containing all my 120GB of tracks with the Controller and/or SqueezeCentre - or will just selecting "random" on controller do this for me ?

thanks

swayzak

Skunk
2008-05-04, 06:05
Is there an easy way to move to an alphabetic area of my music collection e.g to folders begining with "H" or "S" or whatever ?

At the moment I'm having to scroll all the way through the alphabet to select artists/albums.

You can go to Music Folder and scroll fast, which will enable the accelerated scrolling-by-letter. The same thing should happen in Albums/Artists.

However, for the Duet do I have to setup a playlist containing all my 120GB of tracks with the Controller and/or SqueezeCentre - or will just selecting "random" on controller do this for me ?

No, go to Music Library>Random, and you can select or limit the genres. Selecting All is the same as randomly playing the entire library.

The Select All/None buttons may have been added recently (I'm using 7.0.1), but if they're not there you can still use the check boxes or web interface. Also, if you change the number of tracks to be displayed in the web interface, it will allow you to show the same _x_upcoming and _x_previous on the controller.

swayzak
2008-05-05, 14:17
You can go to Music Folder and scroll fast, which will enable the accelerated scrolling-by-letter. The same thing should happen in Albums/Artists.

No, go to Music Library>Random, and you can select or limit the genres. Selecting All is the same as randomly playing the entire library.

The Select All/None buttons may have been added recently (I'm using 7.0.1), but if they're not there you can still use the check boxes or web interface. Also, if you change the number of tracks to be displayed in the web interface, it will allow you to show the same _x_upcoming and _x_previous on the controller.

Thanks

How do you skip to the next track (I can't see a "next track" button on the Duet controller, just a "FFW") ?

swayzak
2008-05-05, 17:05
Thanks

How do you skip to the next track (I can't see a "next track" button on the Duet controller, just a "FFW") ?

Forget that dimbo question - you just hit the >> button quickly to skip to next track.