PDA

View Full Version : Synch Problems with SC 7.0.1

pippin
2008-05-03, 12:44
I just finished my "dual room" setup with my SB3 and SBR and I'm having trouble synching:

1. I found the "synch" logic a bit troublesome. When I first tried it, I started #1, played an album and selected "sync with" #2. What happened was, #2 showed the correct status "Track, equalizer etc." but I did not get sound.
2. I only got this to work by un-syncing both players playing the album on #1, selecting #2 and selecting "sync to #1". That worked.
All of this was first done with iPeng, but I later confirmed the behavior with the SBC: same!
3. This was "le's see if it works", now I wanted to disassemble #2 assy to mount my speakers to the wall. I selected #2 on the SBC and selected "turn off player". No result, it switches to showing "turn player on" for half a second, then it's "on" again. No sound switching, it just stays on. Tried other player: same effect.
4. I "un-sync" both players. Now I can turn off #2, #1 stops playing (no sound) although it still "looks" as if it's playing (it still shows level indication and the current track, elapsed time keeps increasing, all of this is seen on the SB3 display).
5. I turn #2 "OFF" and "ON" again and it works fine.

This can't be the expected behavior, can't it? I'm currently on 7.01 19177

awy
2008-05-13, 00:23
This can't be the expected behavior, can't it? I'm currently on 7.01 19177

Changes 19504 and 19481 fixed a couple of issues in this area.