PDA

View Full Version : Few questions

bbaraniec
2008-05-03, 10:04
Hey,

I can't find any good documentation for Duet and I have few questions:

1. RSS are not working. Well they are but I have deleted those deafult ones added mine and still only defaults being displayed not mine.

2. "Now playing" option allows to save current play list. I tried few times but no play list is being saved.

3. I'm running SC on ReadyNas music is stored on /media/music folder.
On my XP machine media folder is mapped as drive m. In iTunes I have added all folder and subfolders under m:\music to library in such configuration will export from iTunes work?

4. What's the reason to have SSH enabled on controler?

5. How long battery in controler should last? Should I keep it loading all the time or does it have influence on battery's life?

6. What is Flickr?

Im sorry if those questions sounds funny but like I said I wans't able to find documentation, I will be happy go get answers or documentation links.

bpa
2008-05-03, 10:31
1. RSS are not working. Well they are but I have deleted those deafult ones added mine and still only defaults being displayed not mine.

If you are viewing RSS feeds with Infobrowser menu - add the new RSS feeds to the Infobrowser settings.

RSS news ticker plugin is a different plugin mainly a screensaver and for use on SB and not available on Duet.

radish
2008-05-03, 20:49
2. "Now playing" option allows to save current play list. I tried few times but no play list is being saved.

Have you set your playlist directory in SC7?

3. I'm running SC on ReadyNas music is stored on /media/music folder.
On my XP machine media folder is mapped as drive m. In iTunes I have added all folder and subfolders under m:\music to library in such configuration will export from iTunes work?

What to you mean by "export from iTunes"?

4. What's the reason to have SSH enabled on controler?

For remote login/debug. Not typically needed :)

5. How long battery in controler should last? Should I keep it loading all the time or does it have influence on battery's life?

Depends on what you're doing with it. A few hours at least. Charging any battery will affect it's life, but exactly how you charge it shouldn't make any difference.

6. What is Flickr?

http://www.flickr.com

Im sorry if those questions sounds funny but like I said I wans't able to find documentation, I will be happy go get answers or documentation links.
Manuals are here:

http://www.slimdevices.com/su_documentation.html

bbaraniec
2008-05-04, 16:10
Hey,

Thanks for answers :)

1. I forgot to set playlist folder (lame :P) but I have still one question.
I have created a playlist now when I go to music libraby->playlist I can see it but while browsing it I don't see album cover. Thou when I choose to play it I see all albums covers.

2. I tried to add wallpapers while login winscp to controller but it's not workin that way. Because I run SC on ReadyNas and I don't want to install SSH will there be soon any other possibility to upload wallpapers?

3. By export from iTunes I meant that option "use iTunes" so every time I made a change in iTunes library that will reflected my player.

4. One last thing to library scans. I had one album that had too many tags infos. Like "Composer etc" basicly in my tags I have only artist, album, genre, year, track number and title. So I removed the other tags and did library rescan but only changed music. But I still saw all the tags I removed and finally full library rescan helped. Is this how it's suppose to be?

Thanks in advance for every help you will give to new lost user :)

Best regards
Bartek

radish
2008-05-04, 20:06
1. I forgot to set playlist folder (lame :P) but I have still one question.
I have created a playlist now when I go to music libraby->playlist I can see it but while browsing it I don't see album cover. Thou when I choose to play it I see all albums covers.

You won't see a cover for the playlist itself, as it doesn't have one. But you should see the appropriate images for the individual tracks within the playlist.

2. I tried to add wallpapers while login winscp to controller but it's not workin that way. Because I run SC on ReadyNas and I don't want to install SSH will there be soon any other possibility to upload wallpapers?

There's a plugin floating around somewhere to do it, try the wiki.

3. By export from iTunes I meant that option "use iTunes" so every time I made a change in iTunes library that will reflected my player.

Should work, but I'm no iTunes expert.

4. One last thing to library scans. I had one album that had too many tags infos. Like "Composer etc" basicly in my tags I have only artist, album, genre, year, track number and title. So I removed the other tags and did library rescan but only changed music. But I still saw all the tags I removed and finally full library rescan helped. Is this how it's suppose to be?

New & Changed music goes by the file date stamp, so if your tagger didn't update that (some don't) then it wouldn't have known it had changed. Doing a full wipe is always safe.

bbaraniec
2008-05-04, 23:04
You won't see a cover for the playlist itself, as it doesn't have one. But you should see the appropriate images for the individual tracks within the playlist.

I meant images for tracks within playlist ofc, I don't see them.

There's a plugin floating around somewhere to do it, try the wiki.

In one of my previous posts some1 pointed me a such plugin the thing is I'm trying to avoid installing SSH on ReadyNas.

Should work, but I'm no iTunes expert.

Guess I'm gonna need to try again. I heard there are problems because of iTunes and how he creates playlists.

New & Changed music goes by the file date stamp, so if your tagger didn't update that (some don't) then it wouldn't have known it had changed. Doing a full wipe is always safe.

That would explain. Thanks :)