PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox receiver and powered speakers in different rooms

MarkG
2008-05-01, 13:06
I have three sets of powered speakers. I was planning on connecting the Squeezebox receiver to my powered speakers that are connected to my HDTV in the living room. I will probably buy a second squeezebox receiver ($150) for my bedroom. However I cannot justify another $150 for another receiver to connect to powered speakers on my outside deck because I only use those on weekends. Can I move my squeezebox reciever back and forth from my bedroom to the outside deck?

iPhone
2008-05-01, 13:31
I have three sets of powered speakers. I was planning on connecting the Squeezebox receiver to my powered speakers that are connected to my HDTV in the living room. I will probably buy a second squeezebox receiver ($150) for my bedroom. However I cannot justify another $150 for another receiver to connect to powered speakers on my outside deck because I only use those on weekends. Can I move my squeezebox reciever back and forth from my bedroom to the outside deck?

Sure, as long as your WiFI network reaches the locations and there is power for the Receiver (which I assume there is because your using powered speakers).

I have one SB3 that I have listed as Mobile in SqueezeCenter and my Controller. I use it on the back deck, in my shop, in the garage, or anywhere I have powered speakers and do not already have a Slim Devices product setup.

Enjoy

aubuti
2008-05-01, 13:33
Sure. Just don't do what I did, which was find a really good way to hide the power supply cord running to the SBR (the wife hates unsightly wires), because you'll have to undo-and-redo that every time you move the SBR (unless you have an extra power supply). On the other hand, now I have the extra SBR for outside...