PDA

View Full Version : squeezeslave source availability

rdefelice
2008-05-01, 09:54
Can anyone tell me if the squeezeslave source is available? I browsed around svn.slimdevices.com and was unable to find it. I've found it to have a few problems that I want to try to correct.

From what I gather, most of the development efforts are going into softsqueeze. I would gladly use softsqueeze in headless mode if I could find a way to get my JRE to play nicely with my dmix device in alsa and not lockup the hardware sound device.

thx,
-r

bhaagensen
2008-05-01, 12:53
Can anyone tell me if the squeezeslave source is available? I browsed around svn.slimdevices.com and was unable to find it. I've found it to have a few problems that I want to try to correct.

http://svn.slimdevices.com/7.0/trunk/softsqueeze/SlimProtoLib/

From what I gather, most of the development efforts are going into softsqueeze. I would gladly use softsqueeze in headless mode if I could find a way to get my JRE to play nicely with my dmix device in alsa and not lockup the hardware sound device.

Have you tried with alsa-oss, and the aoss wrapper script?

rdefelice
2008-05-01, 13:04
Aha! Thanks. I knew it was there somewhere.

I've tried aoss while running the java interpreter and it doesn't seeem to make a difference for me. My theory is that since the jre I'm using has native alsa support it is bypassing aoss and interfacing with alsa natively. I might try to get a version of the jre with only oss support and not alsa and try aoss on that one.

-r