PDA

View Full Version : Tags in FLAC files

advocaat
2008-04-30, 13:14
I have now collected a lot of FLAC files next to my mp3 collection. I have done retagging all my mp3's with mp3tag

I do not know how to tag flac files correctly because both vorbis comments and mp3 tags can be in the flac files. I have a couple of 'beginner' questions.

1. How to see which vorbis comments and mp3 tags are filled in flac files?
2. How to delete mp3 tags in flac files
3. what is the best way to convert mp3 tage to vorbis comments in flac files
4. How can I tag VORBIS comments. Is this possible with mp3tag. In the options I see only idv1, idv2 and APE.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks a lot.

slimkid
2008-04-30, 13:50
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Mp3tagGuide

and many more useful links around there.

radish
2008-04-30, 14:09
You really shouldn't have ID3 tags in flac files, the only appropriate ones are vorbis. mp3tag fully supports vorbis files and writes them automatically to flac files.

advocaat
2008-04-30, 14:16
the guide explains very well for mp3 but still questions regarding flac

1. How to see which vorbis comments and mp3 tags are filled in flac files?
---> solved, I see both FLAC and ID3v2 in tage column in mp3tag
2. How to delete mp3 tags in flac files
---> when I delete iD3v2 also flac (vorbis) is deleted
3. what is the best way to convert mp3 tage to vorbis comments in flac files
----> still do not know
4. How can I tag VORBIS comments. Is this possible with mp3tag. In the options I see only idv1, idv2 and APE.

probedb
2008-05-01, 03:26
If you strip the tags from a FLAC file in mp3tag then add them back you'll see that it's type is just FLAC.

Easiest way I have found is convert the tag to the filename using whatever naming scheme you want. The convert filename to tag to get it back again.....a bit clumsy but it works. Tho because you remove the tags you'll have to replaygain scan again using fb2k or something.

egd
2008-05-01, 03:35
in mp3tag, highlight all tracks and select tag cut, then tag paste. this will have the effect of causing any id3 tags to be rewritten as vorbis tags.