PDA

View Full Version : Radio Questions

Shellness
2008-04-30, 06:44
Apologies for the shopping list:

A) General
1. How to get the "My Radio" code for Radio Time, i.e. how to add a device, it is not possible to get the Settings>Register as suggested on the Radio Time web site. (Settings (when on SN) does not contain a Registration option, Settings (in SC) just has a space for your account name))

B) Squeeze Center
1. What does the "Save" button do in SC
2. What does the "Select Player" function "Synchronise" do (especially as it is greyed out) - does it tie different SBs together
3. How to back-up SqueezeCenter (settings & favourites)

C) SqueezeNetwork
1. What is the max number of favourites on SN
2. How do you re-order the favourites when on SN
3. How to back-up SqueezeNetwork favourites
4. How to connect to non-USA feeds (e.g. BBC) without going through RadioIO, RadioTime, Staff Picks - these either pick up feeds from places I don't want or the feed can sound low quality and very "digital" (perhaps because it's been hauled across the Atlantic and back again to me in Britain). Is there any way of loading a URL either directly or (ideally) via a PC (there are stations I want to listen to but the aggregators don't list them so my only choice is to boot my PC and link to SC. This I wish to avoid)

radish
2008-04-30, 06:57

Saves the current playlist.

2. What does the "Select Player" function "Synchronise" do (especially as it is greyed out) - does it tie different SBs together

Yes

Which OS?

Don't know...did you run out yet? :)

From the page: "Drag titles to reorder"

SN does that for you.

4. How to connect to non-USA feeds (e.g. BBC) without going through RadioIO, RadioTime, Staff Picks - these either pick up feeds from places I don't want or the feed can sound low quality and very "digital" (perhaps because it's been hauled across the Atlantic and back again to me in Britain). Is there any way of loading a URL either directly or (ideally) via a PC (there are stations I want to listen to but the aggregators don't list them so my only choice is to boot my PC and link to SC. This I wish to avoid)
Can't you just add the URL as a favourite?

Shellness
2008-04-30, 07:53
Thank you. Supplementary/qualification questions:

Saves the current playlist.

------- This begs the question "what's a playlist?" Do I take it that this is really for creating clusters of music tracks that would equate to a compiliation? (I.e. it serves no function in radio)

Quote:
Which OS?

------- Windows XP

Quote:
Don't know...did you run out yet? :)

------- Yes, I can't get it to save more than 20. (My remote won't allow more than 20 but I've managed to save more using (newly discovered) SN on the PC)

Quote:

From the page: "Drag titles to reorder"

------- I had no idea that you could manage the SB from your PC using SN, I would only use SN when the PC was off and I wanted to use the SB. So, I've just discovered it.

Quote:
SN does that for you.

------- So there's no way of saving my own copy?

Quote:
Can't you just add the URL as a favourite?

------- Having discovered SN on the PC I see that this is at the bottom of the favourites page.

Thanks.

radish
2008-04-30, 08:20
------- This begs the question "what's a playlist?" Do I take it that this is really for creating clusters of music tracks that would equate to a compiliation? (I.e. it serves no function in radio)

Basically yes. I've seen people use playlists for radio streams but I'm not entirely sure why, but then I hardly ever use streaming.

------- Windows XP

I believe it's c:\documents and settings\all users\squeezecenter

------- So there's no way of saving my own copy?

Not that I know of. There's a link on the webpage to "access your favourites as OPML" - you could save a copy of the XML file that gives you.

radiobill
2008-05-01, 05:04
To use RadioTime enter your account name in either the SqueezeNetwork or SqueezeCenter. You don't need to enter a device code on RadioTime. http://wiki.radiotime.com/doku.php?id=help:faqs:squeezebox

toby10
2008-05-01, 10:56
- I have over 120 favorites on SN. Use the "arrow right" on the remote to add to favorites.

- Unfortunately, saving SC7 settings, favorites, playlists, plugins etc.. requires saving each individual folder from several different locations. I'm betting (hoping) either SD adds an automated backup routine to SC7 or someone may write a plugin to do so. Some folders to look for to backup:
favorites.opml
PlugIns
server.pref