PDA

View Full Version : SB3 goes dark (from screensaver), Power button does not work

trainee
2008-04-29, 22:49
I've tried searching but have not found a post with the problem I am experiencing. I have just recently setup my SB3 and it plays fine (internet radio via squeezecenter), and when I shut it off it goes to the clock screen saver (which I like), but then after 3-24 hours it just goes dark. I tried staying connected to squeezenetwork on my machine to see if that was the problem, but to no avail. I press the red power button on my remote and nothing happens, the only way I can get it to work again is to power cycle the unit. Works fine after that. I'm guessing that I just missed a setting somewhere. Help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

danco
2008-04-30, 04:38
Interesting that this happens when you are connected to SqueezeNetwork rather than to your computer and SqueezeCenter. Because I have had this problem when my computer wakes after a long period of sleep, and had assumed it was something to do with the router and the computer. Your experience indicates that it is to do with the Squeezebox and the router.

Anyway, try the following. It works in my situation.

Press and hold the power button. This (if held for long enough) gives you the Set up Networking option. DO NOT go through that process. Instead press the Up button. This gives a Connect to Network option. Press Right to go through that process automatically.

Let us know if this works, as your experience may help others.

Siduhe
2008-04-30, 04:54
Are you using DHCP to give your SB an IP address? How long does your router hand out leases for?
It's possible that the IP address given by your router to the SB is expiring, so it gets kicked off the network. Try giving the SB a static IP address on your network and see if that solves the problem for you.

Another possibility, if you are connected to Squeezenetwork when the problem happens is that your external IP address is assigned dynamically by your ISP and so the IP address may change
periodically as the DHCP lease expires.

Is there anything in your router logs that would show why this is happening? Or the Squeezecenter logs?

May be worth doing a reverse DNS lookup against yourself when you start playing music, and then another when it goes dark to see if your external IP address has changed.