PDA

View Full Version : squeezecenter won't start

spangled
2008-04-29, 14:31
I wonder if anyone can help.

The icon sits in the bottom right of the task bar next to the clock and says "SqueezeCEnter Starting" when I hover over it, but won't go any further than that

I've had the Duet working ok briefly, but no longer. I've reinstalled the software already but no joy.

itunes, library and slim stuff are all on the same maxtor external drive.

Skunk
2008-04-29, 14:50
There may be some ideas in this thread, specifically Michael's suggestion to check AV software, and if present set it not to block .my files: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=296995#post296995

spangled
2008-04-30, 10:10
Er... that link is to THIS thread!

Skunk
2008-04-30, 12:43
Er... that link is to THIS thread!

Well that isn't much help. Sorry, try this one: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=46730

So does it still say 'squeezecenter starting' after 24 hours or did you finally shut it off?

spangled
2008-05-01, 00:01
Yes it just sits there blinking. I don't know where to start.

Phil Leigh
2008-05-01, 00:20
are you on XP/Vista? Check the events viewer in control panel -administrative tools - anyhting unusual in there?

spangled
2008-05-01, 12:01
In sequence... it starts then stops almost immediately. Something's telling it to stop.

The SqueezeMySQL service was successfully sent a start control.

The SqueezeMySQL service entered the running state.

The SqueezeMySQL service was successfully sent a stop control.

The SqueezeMySQL service entered the stopped state.

In tha Application section I find...

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Application ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Database error: Can't create table '.\slimserver\metainformation.frm' (errno: 121) at /<C:\SQUEEZ~1\server\SQUEEZ~1.EXE>DBIx/Migration.pm line 115.

spangled
2008-05-14, 13:28
Other than wiping the PC and starting again, which I'm tempted to do, any of the above ring a bell?

tcutting
2008-05-14, 14:35
I see your list of SqueezeMySQL service, but is SqueezeCenter shown in the list of services?

Skunk
2008-05-14, 20:08
Other than wiping the PC and starting again, which I'm tempted to do, any of the above ring a bell?

I doubt reformatting would help, if that's what you mean, unless there is an AV app blocking it that gets deactivated in the process.

I would try going to Start>Programs>Squeezecenter>Uninstall and uninstall it, and then go to Task Manager (ctrl+alt+del) and make sure squeezetray.exe, squeeze~1.exe, and mysqld.exe are all killed, and then try reinstalling squeezecenter.