PDA

View Full Version : Cover for SBC

Svanur
2008-04-29, 01:01
Hello there. I own a Duet set. I made a cover to put over my SBC so it will not make any scratches on the surface and it keeps it clean. I made it from the stuff that you can put on a table, the plastic see-through stuff. I made a round hole in the middle to be able to use the scroll-wheel. Is there going to be a professional made cover coming? or maybe there is already one?

If anyone wants to see some pictures from it, I can post them. I have to make them.

Gr,
Svanur.

Svanur
2008-06-03, 00:35
Hereby a PDF file with the images from my selfmade cover for the SBC.

Svanur
2008-06-03, 00:38
Sorry, the JPGs were too big, I made them smaller and are posted below.

andynormancx
2008-06-03, 01:22
Hmmm, lovely.

Svanur
2008-06-03, 01:35
How should I take that remark?

iPhone
2008-06-03, 09:11
How should I take that remark?

If it is getting used, it is going to show wear. I can understand putting a screen protector over the screen. I can understand putting the Controller in an old cell phone case to carry it around and protect it from falls.

Isn't coving the whole thing in a screen protector condom a little over the top? Remotes get used. I have one of the film lay overs protecting the display (mainly from finger prints) and keep it in a cell phone case to carry around and protect some during falls.

How long did all the shaping take? A sure "A" for scratch protectiveness! But way more then I will ever need.

Svanur
2008-06-03, 09:39
The reason why I do this is because the Duet set costs a lot of money and I don't want the SBC showing user usage. I have a Harmony 885 from Logitech and after a while you see scratches coming and the buttons that you press often shows the text/picture is going off. So that's why I put a cover like this over it. It took me 10 minutes to make an. Every body has their own ideas about this things. I just wanted to share it...

iPhone
2008-06-03, 09:55
The reason why I do this is because the Duet set costs a lot of money and I don't want the SBC showing user usage. I have a Harmony 885 from Logitech and after a while you see scratches coming and the buttons that you press often shows the text/picture is going off. So that's why I put a cover like this over it. It took me 10 minutes to make an. Every body has their own ideas about this things. I just wanted to share it...

WOW, that was a lot quicker then I had figured for the amount of time spent. I have always worked with the protective screen film and it is a pain to curve or corner. For some reason I didn't notice you had covered the buttons also, good reason if one is worried about that. I saw the glare from the film on the right but at first look it appeared to me to be cut out around the keys on the left. Second look registered.

Like I said, if one wants total protection against shown usage your way is top shelf with a grade of "A". Do not mistake what I was saying, not an "A" for effort, but an "A" for total coverage and if it only took 10 miuntes, why not.

Fahzz
2008-08-19, 12:28
As a follow up, does an "official" protective case for the SBC exist, if not,are there any plans for one? I'm not concerned about wear and tear, but I am worried about dropping it. This will become even more important if the headphone jack becomes usable.