PDA

View Full Version : SC 7 playing tracks in alpha betical order

lcrim
2008-04-28, 22:04
Upgraded to to SqueezeCenter 7 and can't figure out how to get it to play CD tracks in their original numerical order. Plays in alphabetical order. All music files are flac and it worked fine in 6.5.4
Also, SC 7 combined many CD's by same artist into a single folder. I don't like this interface, wish I had stayed w/ 6.5.4
Any suggestions?

Larry

der_max
2008-04-28, 23:22
... same problem here, squeezecenter 7 does not play anymore albums-songs in the original cd-order... only a complete rescan fixes that. I would like to play CD tracks in their original numerical order, any suggestions?

thanx

kdf
2008-04-28, 23:43
This hasn't really changed from 6.5.4.

How are you starting playback? Are you browsing the music folder, or by album?

What Os are you running, and what are the details given in the SqueezeCenter Information section of the page when you click on Settings->Status?

-kdf

der_max
2008-04-29, 01:29
>How are you starting playback? Are you browsing the music folder, or by album?

... by album: looking for "new new" -> choosing the album -> playing the album -> recognizing the wrong song order

>What Os are you running, and what are the details given in the SqueezeCenter Information section of the page when >you click on Settings->Status?

I am currently (and mostly) using a linux system (though got the same problem (= non-numerical CD Track-order) on my WinXP-System):

SqueezeCenter Version: 7.0 - 17793 - Debian - EN - iso-8859-1
Perl Version: 5.8.8 i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi
MySQL Version: 5.0.51a-3
Platform Architecture: i686-linux

kdf
2008-04-29, 01:40
On 29-Apr-08, at 1:29 AM, der_max wrote:
>
> MySQL Version: 5.0.51a-3

This may be your problem. Mysql 5.0.45-5.0.51 have issues with
ordered queries.
If you have access to 5.0.52, it is reportedly fixed.

see the following:
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6748
-kdf

der_max
2008-04-29, 07:37
..thanks for that hint! I'll check that!

lcrim
2008-04-30, 11:57
The software should play the songs on a CD in the original order as it did in 6.5.4 or any other release I've ever had loaded. Saying that I should look for MYSQL in a release that is not available is worse than no answer. This software release is a huge PITA. I can't recommend this product anymore.

kdf
2008-04-30, 12:40
>
> The software should play the songs on a CD in the original order as it
> did in 6.5.4 or any other release I've ever had loaded. Saying that I
> should look for MYSQL in a release that is not available is worse than
> no answer. This software release is a huge PITA. I can't recommend
> this product anymore.

Sorry to have not been able to tell you what you wanted to hear. The data
is the data. If you ask for songs ordered by the track number of the
album and the database server gives you the tracks in alphabetical only,
that's what you have.

It's a good and valid answer. I'll be glad, however, to refrain from
offering responses in future.

cheers,
KDF

mrfantasy
2008-05-01, 04:13
To corroborate what's been said here, if you add the songs by going to Browse Music folder, they will play in order when the album is selected in New Music. I assume that since it's adding to the database in filename order (and my filenames lead with a 2-digit track number) that the order in the database is track order. If you add via a "scan for new music" they're in a different order. A "wipe and rescan" apparently adds them in filename order.

An annoying error, but one with at least two workarounds (remove the ORDER BY in the query, or do a wipe and rescan) to fix it. And according to the bug it happened in 6.5.4 as well if you were running MySQL 5.0.45-5.0.51.