PDA

View Full Version : artwork from itunes?

davec67
2008-04-26, 15:32
when in itunes my library shows artwork. Some of the artwork was found by itunes some of it by myself and manually added.

Squeezecenter maybe picks up 1 in 10 of these. Is there some kinds of itunes artwork it can see or not. There does not seem to be any logic to it. Some of the automatic ones from itunes come through as do some of the manually added ones. Whats more if I do into squeezecenter and drill into an album sometimes the artwork will then appear (until I restart the squeezebox) then it disappears until I select it again.

I have rescanned completely numbers of times and deleted the cache file. None seems to make the slightest difference.

Any ideas?

I am on an iMac and everything else seems to work.

orrinc
2008-04-26, 17:04
I have the same issue in the Windows version- there doesn't seem to be any compatibility between the artwork that iTunes recognizes and the artwork that SqueezeCenter does.

For the most part, I need to have a "cover.jpg" file in every music folder for SC, and also link that file to each mp3 track in iTunes so the artwork will show up on my iPod.

However, sometimes the artwork will show up in both places after i rip the CD and iTunes finds the cover art!

Does anyone know what is going on here, and how I can rip a CD once and have the artwork show up the same everywhere? Is there a good program to clean up all of my mp3 music files?

Also, on a similar subject, many of my files have garbage in the mp3 "comments" field. Is there an easy way to clean that up too?

Thanks!

Orrin

pippin
2008-04-26, 17:19
You will need the "iTunes updater" plugin (see 3rd party plugins) or you need to manually add the iTunes artwork either to the album folder (as folder.jpg or cover.jpg) or to the mp3 tags.

iTunes does not do that but stores its downloaded artwork in it's own cache file structure.

Eric Seaberg
2008-04-26, 18:37
OR get the program CoverScout from http://www.equinux.com/us/products/coverscout/index.html. Works GREAT and fills in all the holes. It seems iTunes embedding of covers doesn't quite work the way SS wants to see it. This solved it for me!!

SlimServer on a MacMINI
OS 10.4.11
Server v7.0
iTunes v7.6.2

Kim.T
2008-04-27, 00:01
Or you could take a look at the program iArt. Se my answer in this thread : http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=44994