PDA

View Full Version : scanning issues

firestorm
2008-04-26, 15:07
I've tried the search function for this, but haven't found anything relevant yet.

I'm using the latest SC7.01 beta (26 April)

Where is the database/library located ?

reason is I want to delete and start from scratch. even renaming the SC dir and installing a new copy of SC, it remembers my old database !!!!

I have retagged my songs, but I still see the old stuff there contaminanting the db

Thanks

JJZolx
2008-04-26, 16:58
I've tried the search function for this, but haven't found anything relevant yet.

I'm using the latest SC7.01 beta (26 April)

Where is the database/library located ?

reason is I want to delete and start from scratch. even renaming the SC dir and installing a new copy of SC, it remembers my old database !!!!

I have retagged my songs, but I still see the old stuff there contaminanting the db

Thanks

If you run a "Clear library and rescan everything" type of scan it _really_ does clear the library completely. I would look elsewhere for the problem. Could be data from CUE files, guess tags, APE tags in MP3 files.

I'd begin troubleshooting by using a small subset of your library, even a single album that you don't think is being scanned correctly. Then find out what's wrong with that album.