PDA

View Full Version : PIN and connect 2nd PC

kraxeler
2008-04-26, 07:33
Hi,
I have been looking through the past posts on these topics, but the replies were not quite matching my problem. I have a duet system and was able to connect everything (in fact the music is playing as I am writing this). Now I I would like to add a laptop to this setup. This requires me to add the PIN. I am pretty sure I wrote it down correctly when I has set up my PC, but that PIN is not accepted in the SBNetwork of the laptop. So now I have been loooking for that PIN, in the SBnetwork, when looking on my PC there is a Players tab, but the settings do not show a PIN (although it is promised in the text). Interestingly, 'connected from' says 'not connected'. Is that an indication?
Is there anything else that wil come to haunt me in the attempt and for which I will require an non-obvious solution?
Also, I had downloaded the switcher plugin and put it into the plugin directories on both computers, is this still the way to go? It does not show up on the plugin list in SBcenter, is that OK?
Thanks for your insight.
--Klaus

Mark Lanctot
2008-04-28, 08:53
Now I I would like to add a laptop to this setup. This requires me to add the PIN.

What do you mean by "add a laptop"? Add it how? What do you want it to do?

You only need a PIN to get a player to access SqueezeNetwork.

Interestingly, 'connected from' says 'not connected'. Is that an indication?

When your player is connected to SqueezeCenter, it's not connected to SqueezeNetwork so yes, you'll get a "not connected" indication. But if you have SqueezeCenter running you don't need to access SqueezeNetwork since everything accessible through SN is accessible through SC.

Also, I had downloaded the switcher plugin and put it into the plugin directories on both computers, is this still the way to go? It does not show up on the plugin list in SBcenter, is that OK?

What's a "switcher" plugin? Can you provide a link to show what this is?

Sounds like it might be something like ServerSwitcher (don't know the exact name), which means you're running two servers, which is probably a bad idea for a beginner.

More information on installing plugins in the 3rd party plugins forum: http://forums.slimdevices.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

kraxeler
2008-05-03, 19:10
The problem has been resolved. The laptop eventually showed up on the music source list. The switcher plugin idea came from a 2006 forum list. It has since been incorporated (one way or the other) into the driver software.