PDA

View Full Version : SB Requires Hard Reboot Every Time to Connect to SC7.0?

ajmitchell
2008-04-24, 13:14
Hi all,

I recently upgraded to 7.0 hoping that I might finally be able to sync whilst crossfade. I cannot, but lets not go into that, I have a more pressing problem.

Every time I switch off the computer and switch on, SC launches from the taskbar as normal but the player (SB2 wired!) does recognize/connect to it. I have to hard re-boot (hold down the pwr button for 5 secs) be connect the box everytime. (once connected its ok). I have taken off all other SBs on the network to try and isolate the problem. Running nothing strange here, WinXP, itunes thats about it.

Any ideas?

alex

radish
2008-04-24, 13:21
Does your PC have a dynamic IP? SB will try to connect back to the server on the last IP it saw it on, if it's not there it will go to sleep. If it changed because of a reboot and an overly eager DHCP server that will cause problems (though you can probably press and hold left instead of power to go back to network setup, should be quicker than a restart).

ajmitchell
2008-04-24, 13:24
I believe the IP address of the server is static but I'll check. It certainly used to re-connect when it dropped and for a short while with SC7.0 it actually startd to replay the same song when connection was lost. Maybe something has changed in the router?

SqueezeCenter Version: 7.0 - 17793 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252
Server IP address: 192.168.2.3
Perl Version: 5.8.8 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt

Platform Architecture: 586

Server Port Number: 9000

Total Players Recognized: 3

Cache Folder: D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SqueezeCenter\Cache

Plugin Folders: D:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\Slim\Plugin, D:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\Plugins

Phil Leigh
2008-04-24, 14:24
switch to static IP asap...