PDA

View Full Version : can you help me with the right squeezebox set up?

scyldb
2008-04-22, 06:06
hi,

i'm looking for a 2 room squeezebox set up. i have a mac g5 with 100+gb of music on an external hard disk in my home office. i'd like to have access to music in the kitchen and in the main room. both rooms have music systems set up already. i have a mac airport extreme router hooked up to the mac.

what do you recommend? any ideas would be greatfully received. i know next to nothing about this technology.

iPhone
2008-04-22, 07:00
hi,

i'm looking for a 2 room squeezebox set up. i have a mac g5 with 100+gb of music on an external hard disk in my home office. i'd like to have access to music in the kitchen and in the main room. both rooms have music systems set up already. i have a mac airport extreme router hooked up to the mac.

what do you recommend? any ideas would be greatfully received. i know next to nothing about this technology.

The quick and easy way would be to buy a Logitech Duet and an SBR. The Duet would give you an SBC (Controller) and an SBR (Receiver) for the main room. The second SBR would be the Receiver for the kitchen. Both SBRs being controller by the one SBC or any laptop/PC on you network. If I were just starting that is what I would do. Now for the only hitch, the SBRs are not being sold serarately yet (but very soon).

scyldb
2008-04-22, 08:15
many thanks for your advice.

so it sounds like i'll have to wait till the separate squeezebox receivers are available... any news about availability?

also, will i have any problems accessing music off the external hd?

sc53
2008-04-22, 08:51
If you don't want to wait you can go with a Duet/Receiver and a Squeezebox now. I have found 2 used Squeezeboxes on sites like this one, audiogon, and eBay if you think you might replace it once the Receiver is sold separately. You can easily resell the SB3 once the Receiver as separate is available. I love the original Squeezebox! it just works.