PDA

View Full Version : SqueezeCenter & Mac

silverarrows
2008-04-21, 08:50
Hi,

I'm on a PC now so for Mac users, I'd like to know is if the directory search works. It's not always convenient to make playlists, especially because I have lots of subdirectories, and so I just like the ability to select the directory with all my music and use the remote to control the SqueezeBox and browse my drive for music, similar to browsing Internet radio. Is this something that works on the Mac as well or does everything have to be on iTunes?

Thanks.

SJobson
2008-04-21, 09:04
I have Squeezecentre installed on a Mac Mini and can browse in Music Folder with no problem. However, this is probably because I ripped my CDs on a PC and kept a tight folder structure - I then simply copied them across to the Mac and let Squeezecentre scan them. I understand that if you let iTunes decide where to put things, it does so randomly which means you'd be stuffed. So make sure you copy your folders across as they are.

silverarrows
2008-04-21, 09:07
I have Squeezecentre installed on a Mac Mini and can browse in Music Folder with no problem. However, this is probably because I ripped my CDs on a PC and kept a tight folder structure - I then simply copied them across to the Mac and let Squeezecentre scan them. I understand that if you let iTunes decide where to put things, it does so randomly which means you'd be stuffed. So make sure you copy your folders across as they are.

Thanks for the information. I would definitely maintain my directory structure and and would put new files in the same manner as well.

Eric Seaberg
2008-04-21, 20:01
I've ripped everything using iTunes on a Mac and it keeps the directories exactly the same, i.e. ARTIST:ALBUM:SONG_TITLE.