PDA

View Full Version : SB2 freezes

agentsmith
2008-04-20, 21:00
Recently my SB2 often freezes after the first 5 second of a song (with VU frozen and all that), and would start playing again after a couple of second. Server is connected 1000Mbps wired Ethernet and the client at 100Mbps wired Ethernet. SlimCenter version is latest production version.

Network test shows consnstently 100% all the way up to max. Server is running on a new'ish Thinkpad R61 dual core machine with 2GB RAM. No plugins running on server.

Also overall SB2 performance is sluggish when responding to remote keystrokes, stopping for 2-5 seconds every couple of key presses.

Any idea what I can try to debug this issue? Is this happening to anyone else?

agentsmith
2008-04-20, 21:08
Oh and server is running Vista

fcm4711
2008-04-21, 00:21
Hi there

Please make sure your SB2 has a name set. From the web-interface open Settings page, click on 'Player' tab and make sure 'Player Name' is not empty.

This should at least help with the sluggishness when controlling by remote.

Felix

agentsmith
2008-04-21, 04:28
Hi there

Please make sure your SB2 has a name set. From the web-interface open Settings page, click on 'Player' tab and make sure 'Player Name' is not empty.

This should at least help with the sluggishness when controlling by remote.

Felix

Thanks Felix. I do have a name for the player. Actually I did have 2 players defined for another SB2, woule that slow things down?