PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded to 7.0 - cannot browse Rhapsody.

ArcadeRuss
2008-04-20, 09:14
Just upgraded from 6.5.1 to 7.0 and now I cannot browse Rhapsody at all through the SqueezeCenter. Attempted to use the Classic interface as well - the Rhapsody links are no longer showing up. Cannot browse Rhapsody library or see any of my Rhapsody Playlists anymore.

Running SqueezeCenter 7.0 and Rhapsody 4.0 (bld 3.86) on WindowsXP Pro. Rhapsody server UPandP is running and signed into.

The only change I have made is the upgrade from 6.5 to 7.0.

Was working before, now isn't.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

RussMyers

Mark Miksis
2008-04-20, 09:19
AFAIK, the Rhapsody UPNP plugin was replaced by Rhapsody Direct which doesn't use UPNP. You probably just need to enter you Rhapsody user info in SqueezeNetwork.

andyg
2008-04-20, 09:19
Rhapsody via UPnP is no longer supported because it is vastly inferior to Rhapsody Direct. You need to sign up for a SqueezeNetwork account and enter your Rhapsody account information on SN.

ArcadeRuss
2008-04-20, 10:09
Rhapsody via UPnP is no longer supported because it is vastly inferior to Rhapsody Direct. You need to sign up for a SqueezeNetwork account and enter your Rhapsody account information on SN.

OK, will do.

Once I have my Rhapsody info set up in Squeeznetwork Settings, exactly how do I access all of my Rhapsody stuff in the SqueezeCenter interface? Will I still be able to access all of my Rhapsody Playlists there? I spent a lot of time making them and getting them how I wanted them.

Thanks for all your help.

RM

ArcadeRuss
2008-04-20, 10:12
Will I still need to keep Rhapsody running and signed in in the background to access my Rhapsody content over the SqueezeNetwork?

If I am signed into Rhapsody, will this affect access?

Thanks,

RM

andyg
2008-04-20, 10:21
Music Services -> Rhapsody Direct.

All your playlists will still be there. You can shut down the Rhapsody PC client, but it won't affect Direct unless you are also listening to streaming music on your PC, in which case it will take up one of the three playback sessions.

ArcadeRuss
2008-04-20, 10:36
Music Services -> Rhapsody Direct.

All your playlists will still be there. You can shut down the Rhapsody PC client, but it won't affect Direct unless you are also listening to streaming music on your PC, in which case it will take up one of the three playback sessions.

OK, I have signed into Squeezenetwork, my Rhapsody credentials are set up in my acct, but I do not see Rhapsody Direct under Music Services, only Rhapsody, and there is none of my stuff there, only generic playlists.

andyg
2008-04-20, 10:49
Yeah I was wrong, it's just called "Rhapsody" now. Do you see any of your library content?

ArcadeRuss
2008-04-20, 12:14
Yeah I was wrong, it's just called "Rhapsody" now. Do you see any of your library content?

OK, that worked.

Thanks very much.

Russ Myers