PDA

View Full Version : Scanner completes scan in 2 or 3 seconds

Matt Shelton
2008-04-19, 16:31
Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help me with something I've never experienced before. I've been using 7.0 on 32-bit Vista for a month or so with no issues. Earlier this week, I needed to clear my library and rescan everything. Much to my surprise, my library is now empty. After a few tests, I see that the scanner "completes" its scan in perhaps 2 or 3 seconds, and my library is then totally empty. I'm attaching the scanner error log.

snoogly
2008-04-19, 21:29
Check that a plugin (if you are using any) hasn't gone 'bad'. Turn of 3rd party plugins, then physically remove them from the plugins folder. Try scanning again. If it works, then something has gone funky with one of your plugins. Try dropping them back in one at a time (doing test rescans), until you hit on the bad one.

Of course this may not work, but it could save you a lot of heartache if it does!

Mike Anderson
2008-04-20, 09:39
If you have any virus-scanning software running (e.g. McAfee), disable it before doing the scan.

Matt Shelton
2008-04-21, 06:52
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't have any 3rd party plugins installed, and I long ago tried to see if my antivirus software was the issue (it's not). Any other suggestions?

Phil Leigh
2008-04-21, 09:55
Looks like it might be a "permissions " problem...the log seems to be giving a code 13 error when trying to write to c:\windows\temp...

snarlydwarf
2008-04-21, 10:09
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't have any 3rd party plugins installed, and I long ago tried to see if my antivirus software was the issue (it's not). Any other suggestions?

Are you sure it's not?

AV packages can sometimes lie to you about when they are turned off. (Supposedly because so many trojans and worms turn off AV software by themselves to avoid detection so they lie and pretend to turn off when they don't really.)

The can't write to *.MYD type error is usually an indication that something is interrupting the file accesss (usually AV software that wants to verify that that the MYD file isn't a worm, so it does a complete virus scan on it when it is open.. mysql does not like that.)