PDA

View Full Version : cannot connect to squeezecenter

tubby
2008-04-18, 05:46
SB3 has no problems accessing squeezenetwork, but I've not been able to access squeezecenter after hours of tinkering on my laptop.
I SC to a new laptop, SB saw that one right away. So on the original laptop I've tried turning firewall off, still nothing.
To start with I had trouble getting SC to start, something else was using port 9000, I followed some intructions to update the port to 9001 and SC can now be opened on the laptop, could I need more updates related to that so the SB can see this?

Anoop M.
2008-04-18, 15:33
SB3 has no problems accessing squeezenetwork, but I've not been able to access squeezecenter after hours of tinkering on my laptop.
I SC to a new laptop, SB saw that one right away. So on the original laptop I've tried turning firewall off, still nothing.
To start with I had trouble getting SC to start, something else was using port 9000, I followed some intructions to update the port to 9001 and SC can now be opened on the laptop, could I need more updates related to that so the SB can see this?

Do you have any firewalls or anti virus installed on your computer?

It seems as though something is blocking communication over port 3483 TCP.

kbuzz
2008-10-04, 16:39
Ive got the same problem here. Can connect to squeezenetwork but SB3 wont connect to squeezecenter. Im using mac and all worked properly before. I still can get squeezenetwork. Any help would be appreciated

jonnyguitar
2008-10-05, 01:55
same here - mine worked fine on my mac on friday, mac went to sleep as squeezebox was streaming alienbbc radio, squeezebox turned off and won't connect again.

Dean100
2008-10-08, 13:46
My Duet has done this several times since I got it in April. Just last week it did it again. I am running Squeezecenter 7.2 on Windows XP and Internet Explorer. Wireless router is a Belkin 54g.

This is extremely frustrating as it took me several hours of playing around with it to get it back up and running this last time. Could connect to Squeezenetwork but not to Squeezecenter. I ended up completely re-setting up my wireless network and the Duet to finally get it back working.

The Duet is great when it works, but I am losing patience with the problems.

catbb67
2008-10-13, 11:32
I have had the Duet for a month and have almost never been able to connect to SC. Connecting to Squeezenetwork fines. Tried for PCs running SC. Almost never can connect to any one. When connected, it last for only a short time before I loose the connection again.

mvalera
2008-10-13, 13:35
Guys,

Please contact support with your issues, they will hep you resolve your issues:

http://www.slimdevices.com/su_tech.html

Mike

wussupbuddy
2008-11-14, 22:01
I'm having the same trouble. I'm ruuning 7.2 on xp on netgear router. It used to work before but suddenly I can't connect even though I haven't changed anything. I tried full reinstallation of the sw..didn't help...Could someone post the resolution if any. email support is snail pace and can't get on the phone since I'm not in the US