PDA

View Full Version : Duet - change receiver name

DLORDE
2008-04-16, 12:55
I just bought a Duet combo to go with my existing Squeezebox. By default, the Duet receiver is named 'Squeezebox', the same as my old one, so I want to rename it to avoid confusion. When I used the controller settings menu to enter the new name, and hit the centre button to set it, as instructed, it just reverted back to 'Squeezebox'...

I've tried this several times with no success - it should be really easy, but how should it be done?

DLORDE
2008-04-16, 15:36
OK - I managed it through SqueezeCenter, but not through the controller...

Incidentally, whenever I use the controller to check for a software update, it *always* says there is new software and will download and install it - even though it's the same version. Is this a known bug?

radish
2008-04-16, 16:54
Yes it is.

The problem with changing the name isn't though...now you've been able to change it from SC7 can you try again from the controller?

leon28
2008-04-16, 19:39
Hi There, need some help here, may i know how to set the duet controller to display chinese character correctly?

help

LEON
MALASYIA

Yes it is.

The problem with changing the name isn't though...now you've been able to change it from SC7 can you try again from the controller?

DLORDE
2008-04-18, 17:54
The problem with changing the name isn't though...now you've been able to change it from SC7 can you try again from the controller?I tried it again and it worked first time... odd.

Shellness
2013-02-13, 11:59
I have just upgraded my OS and reinstalled LMS 7.7.2 - r33893.

Initially I couldn't get LMS to see the Duet and did a hard reset. Since then I have been unable to get the Duet to retain its name whenever the server is rebooted - it keeps switching to "Squeezebox Receiver". This is the same whether I change the name in LMS or on the Duet handset.

My SB Classic and SB Radio behave themselves and hold their names. Any thoughts,steers, please?

(OS = ClearOS 6.3.)

garym
2013-02-13, 12:00
I have just upgraded my OS and reinstalled LMS 7.7.2 - r33893.

Initially I couldn't get LMS to see the Duet and did a hard reset. Since then I have been unable to get the Duet to retain its name whenever the server is rebooted - it keeps switching to "Squeezebox Receiver". This is the same whether I change the name in LMS or on the Duet handset.

My SB Classic and SB Radio behave themselves and hold their names. Any thoughts,steers, please?

(OS = ClearOS 6.3.)

what if you change the name of the player at mysqueezebox.com? You might need to connect the player to mysqueezebox.com first. Then change the name, then be sure to "save changes" on that page.

Shellness
2013-02-13, 12:42
Hmm, I can't get the Duet to connect to mysqueezebox.com. My SB Radio is connected to mysqueeze.com and I can see this in mysqueezebox.com on my PC but the Duet won't connect when I go to Settings>aAdvanced>Networking, the screen just jumps a little and its name remains greyed-out in mysqueezebox.com. Curiously, I can't get my Classic to connect to mysqueezebox.com with the handset but I can with the Classic remote control.

(I have dug around in other posts and this is a problem others have had (http://forums.slimdevices.com/archive/index.php/t-85041.html). For what it is worth, my handset is veryyyyyy slow, more often than not the wheel has no effect.)

In conclusion I can't answer your question at the moment, but I'd like to avoid setting another couple of hares running by posing connectivity and handset problems.

garym
2013-02-13, 13:40
Hmm, I can't get the Duet to connect to mysqueezebox.com. My SB Radio is connected to mysqueeze.com and I can see this in mysqueezebox.com on my PC but the Duet won't connect when I go to Settings>aAdvanced>Networking, the screen just jumps a little and its name remains greyed-out in mysqueezebox.com. Curiously, I can't get my Classic to connect to mysqueezebox.com with the handset but I can with the Classic remote control.

(I have dug around in other posts and this is a problem others have had (http://forums.slimdevices.com/archive/index.php/t-85041.html). For what it is worth, my handset is veryyyyyy slow, more often than not the wheel has no effect.)

In conclusion I can't answer your question at the moment, but I'd like to avoid setting another couple of hares running by posing connectivity and handset problems.

Are you sure that when you set up the duet receiver that you gave it your mysqueezebox.com credentials in the setup. If you didn't, it would behave as you indicate (not be able to connect to mysb.com).

Shellness
2013-02-13, 13:56
Yes, I put the mysb data in when I reset the Duet. Also, the Classic connects freely to mysb.com with the remote, but not with the handset, so this has the same handset connectivity issue as the Duet.

As for the Duet not retaining its name....? Do you think that mysb.com is essential?

Thanks.

Shellness
2013-02-13, 14:29
Success. I reset the Duet and its Controller. Then I managed to get the Duet to connect to mysb.com. I changed the name and it has held through two server reboots.

This seems odd, though. Why won't it hold using the LMS of the Controller?

Shellness
2013-02-13, 14:30
Success. I reset the Duet and its Controller. Then I managed to get the Duet to connect to mysb.com. I changed the name and it has held through two server reboots.

This seems odd, though. Why won't it hold using the LMS or the Controller?

garym
2013-02-13, 14:50

This seems odd, though. Why won't it hold using the LMS or the Controller?

no clue, but I'm glad it is fixed.

ply3908
2013-02-15, 23:20
Hi There, need some help here, may i know how to set the duet controller to display chinese character correctly?

help

LEON
MALASYIA

The Font Replacer applet is what you need. See http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Third_Party_Apps_for_Radio_and_Touch.