PDA

View Full Version : Duet and Favorites

Millwood
2008-04-14, 19:12
With the SB3, you can add something that's playing to favorites. I can't find that function on the controller. What am I missing?

kidstypike
2008-04-15, 00:08
With the SB3, you can add something that's playing to favorites. I can't find that function on the controller. What am I missing?

Hmm, strange, I thought I'd seen that function somewhere, although I can't find it now!
Best I can offer is to use the RetroBrowser plugin, or pick up the SB3 IR remote. :(

kidstypike

Millwood
2008-04-15, 07:01
Its not completely broken. Depending on what you select to play, sometimes there is an add to favorites button, sometimes not. That's before you play it.

Siduhe
2008-04-19, 08:52
I've just noticed this - was it always this way? I could have sworn there was an "add to favourites" option via Now Playing.

If not, has this been requested as an option - couldn't find a bug immediately on point?

Using 7.0.1 r2246.

kidstypike
2008-04-19, 10:14
I've just noticed this - was it always this way? I could have sworn there was an "add to favourites" option via Now Playing.

If not, has this been requested as an option - couldn't find a bug immediately on point?

Using 7.0.1 r2246.

Looks like you can add Artist, Album, Genre, or Year to favourites ... but not a single track!

kidstypike

iPhone
2008-04-19, 10:48

I am not very good at telling how to do something in type so here goes:

Using the SBC, from the now playing screen press the center button (sometimes twice) until you see the list of songs that has been playing with the song that is currently playing highlighted. Press the ceter button again (you will see all the facts and details about the song) and now scroll up one space (or scroll all the way to the bottom) and you will see "Add to Favorites", press the center button again to add this song to favorites.

Hope that helps.

kidstypike
2008-04-19, 11:52
Using the SBC, from the now playing screen press the center button (sometimes twice) until you see the list of songs that has been playing with the song that is currently playing highlighted. Press the ceter button again (you will see all the facts and details about the song) and now scroll up one space (or scroll all the way to the bottom) and you will see "Add to Favorites", press the center button again to add this song to favorites.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for taking the time, I had a feeling that's how it was done.
However, I've been doing that for the last couple of day's, and "Add to Favorites" just aint there!

ver 7.0.1 r2269

kidstypike

kidstypike
2008-04-25, 04:23
I am not very good at telling how to do something in type so here goes:

Hope that helps.

Is anyone else seeing this on their SBC?
I don't see "Add to Favorites", as an option in the details list.
I see:

Play this song
Add this song
Title:
Album Artist:
Track Artist:
Album:
Genre:
Show Artwork
Track:
File Format:
Duration:
File Length:
Bitrate:
Sample Rate:

That's it, NO "Add to favorites". Is it just me?

Ver. 7.0.1 r2287

Many thanks
kidstypike

Siduhe
2008-04-25, 05:18
No, I am also seeing this, but haven't upgraded to the latest version of 7.0.1 for a couple of weeks. Was planning to this weekend and see if the problem is still there.

Using XP btw.

Siduhe
2008-04-25, 12:38
KP, the long and short of it is that I've managed to fix my problem and now have favorites back. Only thing is I'm not quite sure which of the following steps did the job, but they may help you:

Update Controller firmware to v2354
Update to latest 7.0.1 nightly
Delete contents cache folder and all SC to rebuild database
Delete contents of my browser cache folder
Went to favorites in web interface and clicked the edit button, created a new favorite and saved.

All working as it should now. As an aside, there was definitely something funny going on before as I couldn't get into the Favorite settings under Plugins.

kidstypike
2008-04-25, 13:28
KP, the long and short of it is that I've managed to fix my problem and now have favorites back. Only thing is I'm not quite sure which of the following steps did the job, but they may help you:

Update Controller firmware to v2354
Update to latest 7.0.1 nightly
Delete contents cache folder and all SC to rebuild database
Delete contents of my browser cache folder
Went to favorites in web interface and clicked the edit button, created a new favorite and saved.

All working as it should now. As an aside, there was definitely something funny going on before as I couldn't get into the Favorite settings under Plugins.

Thanks Siduhe, I've updated to the most recent nightly, but the Controller firmware seems to be stuck on r2287, how do I update to 2354?

kidstypike

Edit ----------------------------------------------

OK, I've updated to 2354 using SD card, still can't add a single track to Favorites using SBC.

What do I need to clear out of the cache folder?
Is this the folder at: C\Docs & Setting\All Users\Application Data\SqueezeCenter\Cache?

kidstypike

Siduhe
2008-04-25, 17:17
Kirsty, spoke too soon - sorry - after a reboot, the favorite a single via Now Playing is gone again.

Think this is a bug but probably peculiar to my/our setup. Are you running Windows? What plugins do you have installed? Will do a bit of debugging over the weekend and try to narrow down what may be causing this...

kidstypike
2008-04-26, 00:13
Kirsty, spoke too soon - sorry - after a reboot, the favorite a single via Now Playing is gone again.

Think this is a bug but probably peculiar to my/our setup. Are you running Windows? What plugins do you have installed? Will do a bit of debugging over the weekend and try to narrow down what may be causing this...

Thanks Siduhe.
Yes, running Windows XP SP2
Plugins:

Alien
CustomBrowse
GoalRush
JiveExtras
LazySearch2
MultiLibrary (Not used)
MusicInfoSCR
RadioFeeds
SuperDateTime
WallpaperPlugin

Thanks again, BTW, who is Kirsty?

kidstypike http://thelakelandfells.co.uk/lake_district_fells.php?fell_id=kidsty_pike

casperse
2008-04-26, 01:29
Same problem here I used 7.0 and after updating to 7.01 I lost favorites option in the remoet...stil works on the web browser...

I then tried to go back to 7.0 but that didtnt help...

Any new solution to this? really a bad bug that you cant add Favorites!

casperse
2008-04-26, 03:11
UPDATE!

I just removed everything...

And updated to the following:
http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/nightly/latest/trunk/

jive_7.0.1_r2354.bin 26-Apr-2008 01:25 11M (REMOTE)
SqueezeCenter-7.0.1-19177.exe 26-Apr-2008 00:24 32M (PC)

(And disabled the Update...in settings so it dosent update to a older version!)

Favorites STILL DOSENT WORK! only on ALBUM! NOT on a single a song!
Please try to prioritize a fix for this (-; I really miss this feature!

casperse
2008-04-27, 09:08
Has anybody found a solution to this problem?
There must be many with this problem out there?

Millwood
2008-04-27, 13:25
The workaround is to set the favorite with the web interface - which is itself dodgy at the moment but can be made to work.

casperse
2008-04-28, 02:26
The workaround is to set the favorite with the web interface - which is itself dodgy at the moment but can be made to work.

So a step backwards )-; This worked when I bought the remote....
And now it dosent... OK I will wait for the next update...(-;

mherger
2008-04-28, 02:54
> So a step backwards )-; This worked when I bought the remote....
> And now it dosent... OK I will wait for the next update...(-;

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=7952

--

Michael

Siduhe
2008-04-28, 08:57
Looks to have been fixed in 7.0.1 (follow the bug for details). Should be in the version available to download late today/tomorrow.

Thanks Ben!

kidstypike
2008-04-29, 03:30
Looks to have been fixed in 7.0.1 (follow the bug for details). Should be in the version available to download late today/tomorrow.

Thanks Ben!

Downloaded and installed the most recent 7.0.1, and still UNABLE to add a track to favorites using the controller.

Updated the controller via ... Home > Settings > Advanced > Software Update, this gives me the option to go back to version 7.0.1 r2287, so I did so (from r2354).

Unchecked all unused plugins that I have installed, and restarted SC7.

Still no dice!

Following this link: http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=7952
says the bug has been fixed.

Have I got the most up to date SC7 (7.0.1-19177) ?

What more can I do?

I CAN add a single track to favorites from the SC web interface.
I CAN add a single track to favourites using the SB3 IR.
I CAN add a single track to favorites using the Retro Browser on the controller.

But there is STILL no line "Add To Favorites" in the track details list on the controller.

Thanks again
kidstypike.

Siduhe
2008-04-29, 13:43
Don't think the change has made it through to the nightly builds yet - only to the svn version. It should appear in the next couple of days.

kidstypike
2008-04-30, 04:25
Don't think the change has made it through to the nightly builds yet - only to the svn version. It should appear in the next couple of days.

I downloaded and installed 7.0.1-19242, this seems to have sorted my problem,
I now see the line "Add To Favorites" in the track details list.

Many thanks guys
kidstypike