PDA

View Full Version : Embed images in thread posts

egd
2008-04-13, 23:35
Is it possible to embed an image in a thread post?

JJZolx
2008-04-13, 23:57
Is it possible to embed an image in a thread post?

Each of the forums is configured a little differently. Some of them don't permit the embedding of images using the BBCode IMG tag, but you can upload an image as an attachment, within the size limits set. Use the 'Manage Attachments' button.

JJZolx
2008-04-14, 00:02
Oh... To see what's allowed in each forum see the 'Posting Rules' in the bottom left corner of the forum's index page.

egd
2008-04-14, 00:09
thx, I take it then that the SD forum doesn't display embedded images, but rather shows them as a link. I thought I'd seen a few embedded images in these forums before though.

mherger
2008-04-14, 02:00
> thx, I take it then that the SD forum doesn't display embedded images,
> but rather shows them as a link. I thoud I'd seen a few embedded
> images in these forums before though.

I do see Jim's image embedded in his posting. Don't you?

--

Michael

egd
2008-04-14, 02:21
I do see Jim's image embedded in his posting. Don't you? No, not if I'm logged in. Seems they're visible if I'm not logged into the forum. All I see when logged in is an attached images box with the filename link inside. Bizarre...

simbo
2008-04-14, 02:24
I see it. What do I win?

I'm logged in. Using Firefox, if it matters.

mherger
2008-04-14, 02:31
>> logged in. Seems they're visible if I'm not logged into
> the forum. All I see when logged in is an attached images box with the
> filename link inside. Bizarre...

Check your forum settings. This obviously works by default, but you disabled it somehow in your profile.

--

Michael

egd
2008-04-14, 02:54
>>Check your forum settings. This obviously works by default, but you disabled it somehow in your profile. Solved, thx :) must have inadvertently turned it off at some point.