PDA

View Full Version : Thumbnail view of albums broken?

Gumboe
2008-04-12, 18:18
Hi, I'm running SC7 on a Qnap TS209.

In this order I have, upgraded the firmware for the TS209
Reformatted the drive (it's a raid 1 mirror)
Installed SC by initially following the guide on the Qnap website
Completed the install by following the guide on flipflips site

So I think I've done most of the things I should have done, I mean it's a fairly plain setup with no extra plugins or anything else.

Anyway the problem I have is that the albums or artists don't show up as thumbnails in the album/artist view. I only get a thumbnail once I go into the album, rest of the time it's each album/artist listed only as text.

Surely this isn't intentional?

SteveEast
2008-04-12, 18:31
When you're displaying Albums have you selected the Artwork view icon? It's to the right of the "Sort By" selector just below the top right of the left-hand panel.

Steve.

Chris_Zug
2008-04-13, 01:57
Hi, I'm running SC7 on a Qnap TS209.

In this order I have, upgraded the firmware for the TS209
Reformatted the drive (it's a raid 1 mirror)
Installed SC by initially following the guide on the Qnap website
Completed the install by following the guide on flipflips site

So I think I've done most of the things I should have done, I mean it's a fairly plain setup with no extra plugins or anything else.

Anyway the problem I have is that the albums or artists don't show up as thumbnails in the album/artist view. I only get a thumbnail once I go into the album, rest of the time it's each album/artist listed only as text.

Surely this isn't intentional?

I had exactly the same problem, a complete clear and rescan of the music library helped!

Gumboe
2008-04-13, 03:59
When you're displaying Albums have you selected the Artwork view icon? It's to the right of the "Sort By" selector just below the top right of the left-hand panel.

Steve.

I don't see the icon you mention. Here's an attachment (if I've added it successfully) which I think shows the problem a little better.

example1 shows the list of artists and no selector icon.
example2 shows the icon, but I've had to click the artist first.

SteveEast
2008-04-13, 07:11
Sorry, I was talking Fishbone rather than the default skin.

From your first screen below select "Home" at the top left. Open up Music Library, if necessary, and select Albums. You can then use the menu at the bottom left to select the view you want.

Steve.

Gumboe
2008-04-13, 09:12
Thanks Steve - it all makes sense now, it was staring me in the face!

I think my 'problem' was that I had been expecting to see a list of thumbnails when selecting Home/Artists, doh! Obviously this wasn't going to happen.

Anyway - much appreciated, thanks.