PDA

View Full Version : Currently have SS 3.5.1

Grumps
2008-04-12, 11:51
Hi
I haven't been on the Forum for a long time. Hence I have just noted that the old Slim Server has been re-named to Squeezecentre and that there is a version 7 of this? As I only use my QNAP 101 as a music server for my SB3 via my ADSL router (Netgear DG 834PN) etc is there any real advantage for me to upgrade to this new software? All runs ok at present and I have been a believer of " if it isn't broke ...."

iPhone
2008-04-12, 12:48
Hi
I haven't been on the Forum for a long time. Hence I have just noted that the old Slim Server has been re-named to Squeezecentre and that there is a version 7 of this? As I only use my QNAP 101 as a music server for my SB3 via my ADSL router (Netgear DG 834PN) etc is there any real advantage for me to upgrade to this new software? All runs ok at present and I have been a believer of " if it isn't broke ...."

If you do not have a DUET, you do not have to have SC 7.x. Having said that, if you are a big user of plugins most are being rewritten for 7.x so I would think that development/support will start to fall off for non SC plugins.

I could only suggest downloading SC 7.x to a PC and checking it out. Then if you don't see any major advantages, keep what you have.

Grumps
2008-04-13, 05:18
Thanks iPhone. Shall stay put for now.