PDA

View Full Version : Scans adding duplicate albums.

Nonreality
2008-04-12, 03:17
Ever since running 7.01 I've had a few albums show up twice. It will show one with everything correct, including all songs. Then there will be another with 1 to 3 songs. I've checked every tag and they are perfect. I just updated to 7.01 -18702 and did a clean and rescan with the same results. Running Windows XP. Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas?

polocruz
2008-04-12, 04:06
I had the same problem when I installed SC on another machine. All my music is on a NAS and my playlists used the UNC path but on the new SC installation I used the mapped drive letter for the playlists location.

I just needed to change the playlist location entry to the UNC method and recannned.

Thanks to the others on the forum for that tip!

Nonreality
2008-04-12, 20:57
I had the same problem when I installed SC on another machine. All my music is on a NAS and my playlists used the UNC path but on the new SC installation I used the mapped drive letter for the playlists location.

I just needed to change the playlist location entry to the UNC method and recannned.

Thanks to the others on the forum for that tip!

Not sure what a UNC path is? I have mine on a USB drive and used explorer to create a shortcut to my flac and lossy folders using drag and drop. If that was wrong it wouldn't get the complete album, would it? I'm getting one album listed just as it should, complete. But also another album with 1 to 3 songs. It's got to be a bug as I've double and triple checked my tags on the ones that show up in duplicate and they are fine. I'm a tagging nut. :)

Honva
2008-04-16, 15:59
Ever since running 7.01 I've had a few albums show up twice. It will show one with everything correct, including all songs. Then there will be another with 1 to 3 songs. I've checked every tag and they are perfect. I just updated to 7.01 -18702 and did a clean and rescan with the same results. Running Windows XP. Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas?

I had the same problem and I did some investigation. I believe it has something to do with file name of the tracks.

Here is my observation. All my files are in .flac format and the file name is in the format of "track number" "Title".flac (eg. 01 Here I am.flac). If I delete the title part in the file name and just leave the file as 01.flac, SqueezeCenter then correctly put all the songs in a single album.

grrman
2008-04-17, 07:46

Check your library location for the duplicate entries. I also had a similar problem when I upgraded to 7.0.1. This only occurred on only a few albums. I use a Mac as my NAS, and found that even when I deleted the albums in question, did a clear re-scan, I found remnants of these albums in SC and on the Duet. Seems not all of the tracks were being deleted from my NAS. Searched the NAS for the tracks, deleted them, then re-ripped the CDs. Ran another clear and rescan of the library and the problem went away. I've added more CDs since then, and haven't encountered the problem.

Nonreality
2008-04-17, 20:11
Check your library location for the duplicate entries. I also had a similar problem when I upgraded to 7.0.1. This only occurred on only a few albums. I use a Mac as my NAS, and found that even when I deleted the albums in question, did a clear re-scan, I found remnants of these albums in SC and on the Duet. Seems not all of the tracks were being deleted from my NAS. Searched the NAS for the tracks, deleted them, then re-ripped the CDs. Ran another clear and rescan of the library and the problem went away. I've added more CDs since then, and haven't encountered the problem.

I decided to rename my library using explorer and then do a clean and rescan knowing that it wouldn't find the main library. The only thing that showed up were the duplicate albums which I then traced to my playlists. When I changed my library to my USB drive the playlists still pointed to the old library and added them. I got rid of my playlists and did a rescan and all is well.
Thanks for the help.

Marty913
2008-04-26, 15:10
For what it's worth, in my case albums split over 2 folders show up twice. I have a C:\Music folder with sub-folders underneath (example: Lossy & Lossless). If a given album has tracks in both Lossy & Lossless, the album will show up twice in SqueezeCenter.

It's not a huge thing but it would seem easy to correct software-wise.