PDA

View Full Version : My Duet (Receiver) is *ALWAYS ON*!!!!

EnochLight
2008-04-11, 21:03
Weirdest thing - even after I turn my Duet (Receiver) off after using it, after a few moments it mysteriously turns itself back on. The 'wifi' white LED glows after a bit.

I turn it off, and it turns itself back on shortly thereafter. I realize that technically it's always "on" in standby but WTF??? Why does it keep turning itself back on?

Comments... Am I alone?

EnochLight

ptrainer
2008-04-12, 02:24
My receiver does the same thing. The light goes off when I first turn the unit 'off' with the controller. A few minutes later the white light comes back on (though not as bright as when the unit is in 'on' mode). It seems like it should be one way or another. Either the light just dims when you turn it 'off' or the light goes off and stays off while in 'off' mode.

iPhone
2008-04-12, 13:03
Weirdest thing - even after I turn my Duet (Receiver) off after using it, after a few moments it mysteriously turns itself back on. The 'wifi' white LED glows after a bit.

I turn it off, and it turns itself back on shortly thereafter. I realize that technically it's always "on" in standby but WTF??? Why does it keep turning itself back on?

Comments... Am I alone?

EnochLight

Have you used your PC to turn it off? If I turn it off from inside SC from my iPhone or a web interface, the LED on the front is off.

egd
2008-04-12, 13:42
Have you used your PC to turn it off? If I turn it off from inside SC from my iPhone or a web interface, the LED on the front is off.

That may work, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be forced into that as a solution - if you're running headless or on a NAS it'd be a major PITA. Sounds like a bug to me.

EnochLight
2008-04-12, 17:44
It doesn't matter if I turn it off via a web browser or my Controller - same result. Not a huge deal to me but very strange.

peter
2008-04-12, 23:57
egd wrote:
> iPhone;290723 Wrote:
>
>> Have you used your PC to turn it off? If I turn it off from inside SC
>> from my iPhone or a web interface, the LED on the front is off.
>>
>
> That may work, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be forced into that
> as a solution - if you're running headless or on a NAS it'd be a major
> PITA. Sounds like a bug to me.
>

You could try the Powersave plugin. The name's not entirely correct, but
it might do the trick.
IMHO it's too much off a hassle to turn the SBR/SB3 off via the SBC
menu. Now I just press pause and Powersave does the rest.

Regards,
Peter

Millwood
2008-04-14, 16:16
As far as I can tell, powersave does not work for duet. I have it configured, via my SB3, and it turns off both SB3's, but not duet.

Any hope?

jth
2008-04-14, 19:44
I'm working on duet support. It's not ready yet though. You might be
able to edit the powersave preferences in prefs/plugin/powersave.prefs
to turn it on by hand.

Millwood
2008-04-15, 07:08
Just a suggestion - IMHO it would be easier to use powersave if it configured in the web interface rather than in the player.

Millwood
2008-04-15, 11:37
I'm working on duet support. It's not ready yet though. You might be
able to edit the powersave preferences in prefs/plugin/powersave.prefs
to turn it on by hand.

Thjs worked for me. I copied an existing stanza and changed the mac address to that of the receiver. Thanks.