PDA

View Full Version : SoftSqueeze without SqueezeCenter

sujas
2008-04-09, 18:40
Hi,
I have seen the documentation which claims that SoftSqueeze can connect to SqueezeNetwork without SqueezeCenter being turned on, but whenever I try it, it just says that it is trying to connect to SlimServer. Is there a version out there which will allow me to connect without the server?

schatzy
2008-04-09, 18:51
The version you have should be able to connect to SqueezeNetwork. Use the down arrow to get to SqueezeNetwork on the screen and then use the right arrow to connect to SqueezeNetwork. You must register your SoftSqueeze Player with SqueezeNetwork by visiting www.squeezenetwork.com and register your pin number given on the SoftSqueeze display

sujas
2008-04-13, 21:23
I am not able to access anything with the arrows if the SlimServer is not up. Whenever i power up Softsqueeze, it just shows "Please wait Connecting to SlimServer". I need a way for it to bypass the SlimServer entirely, Thx

sujas
2008-04-15, 19:05
Thx, I did find a way to bypass the slimserver on powerup.
Now, i need to hack the softsqueeze code so as to stream from one radio station without going thru www.squeezenetwork.com. Can someone tell me if it can be done? Thx

snarlydwarf
2008-04-15, 19:09
Thx, I did find a way to bypass the slimserver on powerup.
Now, i need to hack the softsqueeze code so as to stream from one radio station without going thru www.squeezenetwork.com. Can someone tell me if it can be done? Thx

With sufficient hacking, sure.... but remember all the controls are done by the server, including the display... so you would have to mimic all of that. That is a lot of code you would have to redo. Is it possible? Sure, but the real question is "is this the right way to solve the problem?"

I am not sure why you would bother: why not just use winamp/xmms/itunes/whatever if all you want to do is play a stream?

Fleury
2008-04-15, 19:42
It's easy. Go to Softsqueeze preferences, you will see a "hostname" field in both the Basic tab and the Network tab. Default would probably be 127.0.0.1. Enter in both places this hostname url: service.us.squeezenetwork.com. That should do the trick!

snarlydwarf
2008-04-15, 22:30
It's easy. Go to Softsqueeze preferences, you will see a "hostname" field in both the Basic tab and the Network tab. Default would probably be 127.0.0.1. Enter in both places this hostname url: service.us.squeezenetwork.com. That should do the trick!

ah.. i misunderstood the question. that makes more sense.

Superkikim
2008-04-16, 03:09
hi there,

It seems that SoftSqueeze can be launched only on the same computer where SqueezeCenter runs.

Is there anyway to use SoftSqueeze on a distant computer ? in local network, and remote network through the Internet ?

radish
2008-04-16, 05:43
hi there,

It seems that SoftSqueeze can be launched only on the same computer where SqueezeCenter runs.

Why do you say that? Just pull up the web interface from whichever computer you want and hit the SoftSqueeze link. If you want to do it from outside of your local network you'll need to setup forwarding ahead of time: http://mwiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/ConnectingRemotely

aubuti
2008-04-16, 06:07
Or you can just download it from http://softsqueeze.sourceforge.net/ and install it on any computer.