PDA

View Full Version : Remote not responding (I know I've seen threads about this but can't find them!)

Kittenherder
2008-04-09, 15:09
I'm a new Duet user and I know I've seen at least one thread about the remote not responding but now can't find it for the life of me. If someone can point me to such a thread I would most appreciate it. The problem I'm having is I pick up the remote and go to change album/song/whatever and when I click on the selection the little carat (>) next to what I want to select just gets bigger and smaller (hard to explain) but nothing happens. It's stalled. I have a good wifi connection and no other devices using the wifi, nor any other processes running on the host PC. It seems to be random.

Thanks,

BT

grrman
2008-04-09, 15:30
Have you tried clicking the "back" or "home' arrows to get back to your main screen? then re-select your player or source. That's worked for me. There are threads on the issue of the controller getting disconnected, which seems to be a bug. Last ditch effort, if its stalled /c its been sleeping for a while (hrs/days), then power off and back on. It should re-connect.

grrman
2008-04-09, 15:48
This might be the thread you're looking for...

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=45031

Kittenherder
2008-04-09, 18:25
Thanks Grrman

I have tried going "back" with the Home button and that works though I still can't immediately forward back to a different song, album,etc. It's literally not responding to new navigation commands. And it's not as the thread reports that my remote has been inactive or something. It's like, I play a song, then I pick up the remote to play another song, and it does not respond. It's really 50% of the time, at least. There's nothing going on elsewhere on my network that would be interfering, so seems like something is hanging up. It takes a minute or two to get control back. REALLY annoying. I'm so liking this new Duet except for this one thing now.

As someone on the thread wrote, maybe it's just my specific wireless router, but I have what is considered to be a very good router (Linksys WRT54GS) that has great support online so I really wonder if I have to go buy a new one to get this lag to stop.

Again, thanks!

BT

Have you tried clicking the "back" or "home' arrows to get back to your main screen? then re-select your player or source. That's worked for me. There are threads on the issue of the controller getting disconnected, which seems to be a bug. Last ditch effort, if its stalled /c its been sleeping for a while (hrs/days), then power off and back on. It should re-connect.

MickeyG
2008-04-09, 21:00
There is some anecdotal evidence that older versions of the Linksys WRT54 router has compatibility problems with the Duet. We are working on tracking this down, but have not yet been able to track down the root cause.

Mickey

grrman
2008-04-10, 07:22
There is some anecdotal evidence that older versions of the Linksys WRT54 router has compatibility problems with the Duet. We are working on tracking this down, but have not yet been able to track down the root cause.

Mickey

Yes, and they might continue with the WRT54GS, as I have similar connection problems at times using this router. I've learned to live with the problems, but now might consider a better router.

pete

Kittenherder
2008-04-10, 08:40
Okay thanks for the insight. The router is about 2 years old. I used it only as a hub until now getting the SB. My DSL router also has wireless though I have never set it up. It's this model:

http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/modems/gt701/index.html

I wonder if I should switch over to it and go back to using the Linksys as just a hub. Do you guys have any experience one way or the other with this router?

thanks,

BT

Mickey

MickeyG
2008-04-10, 14:47
Okay thanks for the insight. The router is about 2 years old. I used it only as a hub until now getting the SB. My DSL router also has wireless though I have never set it up. It's this model:

http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/modems/gt701/index.html

I wonder if I should switch over to it and go back to using the Linksys as just a hub. Do you guys have any experience one way or the other with this router?

thanks,

BT

Your link goes to an Actiontec GT701. I am not sure whether this model is OK or not, but there is similar anecdotal evidence that this manufacturer has compatibility problems with the Duet.

You could try it out and see. If you decide to try it, I would be very interested if it works or not.

Mickey