PDA

View Full Version : Spare cradle?

MadScientist
2008-04-09, 00:45
Is there likely to be an option to buy a second cradle for the Controller?

I don't want to buy 3 Controllers for the rooms I have available for music but I would like the option of charging the Controller(s) in various rooms.

MS

funkstar
2008-04-09, 02:43
This was spoken about when the Controller and Reciever were announced. I think the official line is "eventually".

Loads of people are still waiting for the Reciever and Controller to be released to retail seperately.

ik632
2008-04-09, 10:18
I'm building a spare cradle right now. I'm just waiting for my new battery since the one I was trying won't charge in the existing cradle (had a bad battery and tried the 190304-0000 but need the 993-000145 which is on it's way). I'll post the how-to once it's done.

MadScientist
2008-04-09, 11:15
Thanks, I'm interested to see what you come up with.

MS

FredFredrickson
2008-04-09, 11:24
Speaking of waiting for parts seperate. I'm DYING!!! To get my hands on some more receivers. I wish we could be given some better estimates than "Soon"

How about tuesday?

ModelCitizen
2008-04-09, 11:34
(had a bad battery and tried the 190304-0000 but need the 993-000145 which is on it's way). I'll post the how-to once it's done.

I'm glad yours is on its way!

I can't buy a spare battery in the UK (it's a Harmony 1000 battery for the Controller I understand) so have had a friend in the US order it.... but Logitech have no stock.
:-(

MC

mvalera
2008-04-09, 13:44
They should be available by the end of the month.

Both the Controllers and Receivers.

Mike

peter
2008-04-10, 00:28
mvalera wrote:
> They should be available by the end of the month.
>
> Both the Controllers and Receivers.
>

Us ex-beta testers are specifically interested in spare batteries &
chargers.
Will they be available at the end of the month too?

Regards,
Peter

oddquad
2008-04-10, 15:12
They should be available by the end of the month.

Both the Controllers and Receivers.

Mike

Thanks for the word Mike! As my sig hints, my mouse pointer is poised to click on the first 'Buy Now' button I see for the SBC! :D

JimC
2008-04-10, 17:28
mvalera wrote:
> They should be available by the end of the month.
>
> Both the Controllers and Receivers.
>

Us ex-beta testers are specifically interested in spare batteries &
chargers.
Will they be available at the end of the month too?

Regards,
Peter

Sadly, no. It's not as simple as you might imagine it to be, but we are working on it. I really don't want to give an ETA, since there are a lot of moving parts out of my direct control that must be aligned to make this happen.

I hope it will suffice to say that I am working on it. If that's not adequate, please accept my apologies for not being able to give a more definitive answer.

-=> Jim

pski
2008-04-10, 19:16
Sadly, no. It's not as simple as you might imagine it to be, but we are working on it. I really don't want to give an ETA, since there are a lot of moving parts out of my direct control that must be aligned to make this happen.

I hope it will suffice to say that I am working on it. If that's not adequate, please accept my apologies for not being able to give a more definitive answer.

-=> Jim

Hi Jim.

Are you saying the separates won't be available or the parts won't be available?

Thanks.

Pski

JimC
2008-04-10, 19:51
Hi Jim.

Are you saying the separates won't be available or the parts won't be available?

Thanks.

Pski

Parts. The Squeezebox Controller and Squeezebox Receiver release dates haven't officially been announced, but at least for folks here in the US it should be by end of month. The schedules for other regions will vary a bit, but shouldn't lag too much.

And before you ask, it's not up to me to specify when or where they are available. How our regional sales organizations handle availability, channel, pricing, etc. is up to them. We build 'em; they sell 'em.

-=> Jim

peter
2008-04-10, 22:44
JimC wrote:
> peter;289743 Wrote:
>
>> mvalera wrote:
>>
>>> They should be available by the end of the month.
>>>
>>> Both the Controllers and Receivers.
>>>
>>>
>> Us ex-beta testers are specifically interested in spare batteries &
>> chargers.
>> Will they be available at the end of the month too?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Peter
>>
>
> Sadly, no. It's not as simple as you might imagine it to be, but we
> are working on it. I really don't want to give an ETA, since there are
> a lot of moving parts out of my direct control that must be aligned to
> make this happen.
>
> I hope it will suffice to say that I am working on it. If that's not
> adequate, please accept my apologies for not being able to give a more
> definitive answer.
>

No apologies needed, I'll be patient. I do hope us Europeans will be
able to order parts directly from SD.

Regards,
Peter

gharris999
2008-04-11, 08:33
Personally, I'm ready to put in an order for 4 SBCs right now. (And a spare charging cradle too!)

One question, though:

Eventually, the SBC is supposed to be capable of local audio playback through it's headphone jack..yes? Will this happen with the current generation of SBC hardware? (I.e. this feature is just waiting on further squeezeos and squeezeplay development...yes?) Or will we have to wait for a new generation of SBC hardware in order to get this feature?

iPhone
2008-04-11, 09:04
Personally, I'm ready to put in an order for 4 SBCs right now. (And a spare charging cradle too!)

What in the world do you need Four SBCs for???????????? Do you mean Four SBRs?

I have a Transporter, Duet, and four SB3 in the house and only need one SBC. And at most can only think of very few times that I might even be able to use two. Now if I need any more audio sources, sure I will buy the SBR. I just can not see the need to ever have more then 2 SBCs (and that is only if I have an extra $300 laying around that I would not buy CDs with!).

gharris999
2008-04-11, 10:46
What in the world do you need Four SBCs for???????????? Do you mean Four SBRs?

Nope. I mean four SBCs!

Currently, my only audio source in my house is my Transporter, feeding speakers in four locations. But I also have three SB3s running shadow-play and acting as nothing but glorified remote controls for the Transporter on each floor of the house The SB3s aren't even connected to amps or speakers.

With four new SBCs, I'll keep one new SBC for myself and bundle the others with those SB3s which will get given away to friends and relatives. The SBCs should make the "kind of too geek-ee" (in my friends' opinion) SB3s totally accessible to them.

Hummmm...now that I'm thinking it through, perhaps I'll be ordering SIX SBCs!

Enoch Soames
2008-04-11, 11:37
I like you. Can I be your friend?

FredFredrickson
2008-04-11, 12:35

One question, though:

Eventually, the SBC is supposed to be capable of local audio playback through it's headphone jack..yes? Will this happen with the current generation of SBC hardware? (I.e. this feature is just waiting on further squeezeos and squeezeplay development...yes?) Or will we have to wait for a new generation of SBC hardware in order to get this feature?

I'm not completely sure, but from what I've read here on this forum, the plan is to add local audio playback to the SBC. Anybody correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no reason not to, and even if it's not in the current plans- anybody with some coding experience can jump on it...

gharris999
2008-04-11, 14:23
I like you. Can I be your friend?

Sorry. You can be a relative if you adopt me, though.

aubuti
2008-04-11, 17:16
Yes, the current SBC hardware can handle playback through the headphone jack. It has a DAC that is presently used for the SBC sound effects for different actions. During the beta period someone had squeezeslave working on the SBC to stream -- IIRC it came out of both the headphone jack and the little speaker on the back.

vitoruch
2008-04-26, 18:49
The Squeezebox Controller and Squeezebox Receiver release dates haven't officially been announced, but at least for folks here in the US it should be by end of month.

-=> Jim

Yes man, so we're a few days from it, right? : )

Vitor

ModelCitizen
2008-04-27, 00:38
It'd be useful to have confirmation of availability of both the individual products (Receiver and Controller) and also the batteries (i.e. parts).

I am concerned by the fact that it is not possible to buy a new battery in Europe or the States for the Receiver or the much longer-established Harmony 1000 remote (both devices share the same battery). It hasn't been possible to buy a replacement battery in either continents for well over a month.

This is not a good thing.

MC

vitoruch
2008-05-01, 07:33
Parts. The Squeezebox Controller and Squeezebox Receiver release dates haven't officially been announced, but at least for folks here in the US it should be by end of month.

-=> Jim

Do we have any schedule in the US, Jim??

Thanks,
Vitor

Mark Lanctot
2008-07-11, 07:42
OK, some serious bumpage on this thread! :-)

I have a beta SBC that's gathering dust - it needs a battery and a charging cradle.

Are these accessories in the works? Any idea when? I'm itching to get it running again.

gharris999
2008-07-11, 08:35
Me too, me too, me too, me too, me too, me too, me too, me too, me too, me too, me too, me too, me too, me too, me too, me too, me too, me too, me too, me too, me too, me too, me too.

mvalera
2008-07-11, 12:52
Battery for the US:

http://www.buylogitech.com/store/logius/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryid.11817400?WT.ac=sc|downloads||pd

Mike

Mark Lanctot
2008-07-11, 13:16
...and the charging cradle?

Thanks for the battery link but if I can't charge it, it isn't much use. Also I'm not in the U.S., I'm in Canada, so I'm not sure if that link will work for me anyway.

mvalera
2008-07-11, 16:30
PM to you.

Mike

Gomez
2008-07-13, 00:39
Hi Mike
I am in the Uk & really need a duet cradle is it possible to get one here or even get one sent from the States ?

Gomez....

mvalera
2008-07-14, 10:03
Sorry,

Cradles are not available separately yet.

We're working on it.

Mike

mick_w
2008-07-14, 10:31
Just received my new Controller which I purchased from the Logitech website in the UK.

It was despatched from Germany without an adapter for the docking station power plug so I cant charge it....

Just got off the phone from Logitech support, and after a 20 minute phone call trying to explain to the guy what a Controller was, all he could offer was to "escalate" the call so his supervisor could contact me tomorrow to see how they might sort out the issue.

Definitely not happy with the service, got the impression I'll have to ship the entire unit back to Germany because Logitech don't stock the UK adapter.

This was after UPS failed to deliver it twice (once to the wrong house then forgot to put it on the van!!).

I'd definitely advise to avoid buying from the Logitech website (from the UK), stick with one of the re-sellers, their after service is far better.

Mick

mick_w
2008-07-14, 11:05
Sorry for the rant (probably not the right place for it).

Anyway found the adapter here:

http://www.watt-power.co.uk/catalogue/input-clip-pscpsmpsar-series-adapters-p-52.html

...and got one on order (far simpler than letting Logitech sort it out).

mvalera
2008-07-14, 11:26
Really sorry about that Mick.

They result is simply unacceptable, and I will be bringing this to the attention of my boss.

Mike

peridot
2008-07-14, 15:11
Anyway found the adapter here:

http://www.watt-power.co.uk/catalogue/input-clip-pscpsmpsar-series-adapters-p-52.html

Wow! thanks for that link.

I have taken advantage of the dollar exchange rate and bought a Duet from the US. I was going to buy a couple of shaver adapters for the PSUs tomorrow. I never thought that I'd be able to source the direct connect adapters.

I'm also pleased to see Logitech taking the matter seriously as it is in fact illegal for a UK sourced item to be sold without the correct mains connector.