PDA

View Full Version : Use analog and digital outputs at the same time?

Ausir
2008-04-07, 10:09
I'm moving to a house where I want to setup a slim device to listen to stored music and internet radio in the kitchen. I already own a SB3 and the livingroom where it is going to be placed is next to the kitchen. I was wondering if I could just get another amplifier and a set of speakers for the kitchen and connect the analog output to that amplifier, at the same time as the digital output is connected to my regular amplifier? I am aware that I'll have to go into the livingroom to switch music but that isn't a problem. Can I in any way damage the SB3 by sending the streams to two different amplifiers?

As a sidenote I actually have the SB3 connected both through the digital and analog output to my amplifier. I did this to check whether I liked the SB3's DAC better than my amps DAC.

radish
2008-04-07, 10:24
You can use all four outputs at the same time (although the headphone out is significantly lower quality than the others).

jsharper
2008-04-07, 10:54
I am aware that I'll have to go into the livingroom to switch music

Not if you purchase a Squeezebox Controller :)

Ausir
2008-04-07, 11:23
Not if you purchase a Squeezebox Controller :)

I'm aware of that, but I can't motivate to my wife why I would need one. She hasn't even grasped why I needed a SB3 in the first place. =)

Club1820
2008-04-07, 12:00
Why do you need the wife?

Just kidding. :)